Product Specialist needed at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an Oil and Gas Servicing company. Due to internal expansion, they are looking to fill in the vacant position below:
Job Title: Product Specialist – Ingersoll Rand
- Directly to Senior Business Manager, Lagos
- Indirectly to: Senior RE Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
- To develop Ingersoll Rand (IR) business (Air Compressors, Process Compressors and other IR products) in the non-oil and gas Industries and ensure a robust revenue and steady growth from sale of the products to the end users.
- In-depth product knowledge and working knowledge of areas of application
- Identify application areas on client sites and make appropriate proposal on the benefits and usage of the products.
- Identify key companies/ operators in the non-oil and gas industries to engage
- Make regular customer visits with presentations to showcase products & applications
- Follow up quotations submitted to ensure speedy closeout
- Working with Trading/ marketing companies to position/ showcase our stock product at the open market where we do not have footprints.
- Organize workshops for project engineers, trading companies on our products and their applications
- Position our stock items to these identified markets to support them at a faster rate.
- Identify application that requires the products
- Follow up leads as a result of the visits and presentations made.
- Make visits and presentations to teams and project engineers identified to showcase the benefits of the product
- Identify potential non-oil and gas companies as to introduce/ adopt product on their project
- Make specific presentations to the identified companies and end users of this product
- Identify and recommend as most appropriate, technical assistance for key customers
- Prospect for and acquire new and financially viable high-volume customers
- Prepare and make effective product presentations to clients.
- Gather new intelligence for the preparation of reports, tenders and presentations that will win the company contracts in on-going and up-coming projects.
- Define strategy for relating with each customer group and create a Customer Relationship Plan per group
- Collate client – specific intelligence and produce weekly reports
- Generate Work orders, Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO)
- Effectively manage each customer account to ensure sales targets are fully achieved
- Collate and communicate business intelligence
- Ensure full payment for all supplies and services
- Reconcile customers’ accounts and ensure proper documentation
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress
- Demonstrate consistent business development success and target – driven achievement
- Investigate Total Market value for the IR air compressors in the non-oil and gas sector of the Nigerian market
- Organize exhibition of Ingersoll Rand to the non-oil and gas companies.
- A good university degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years hands-on experience as an Air Compressor engineer
- Must have an eye for details and be meticulous
- Intelligence gathering skills
- Good working knowledge of the General industry
- Proven ability to advise clients
- Proven track record of winning businesses
- Proven account management experience.
- Direct sales and marketing experience into the non-oil and gas sector
- Self-starter and a self-motivator
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Sound computing skills (minimum Microsoft Office)
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Job title” of the role as the subject of the email. The body of the mail should outline Total years of relevant experience to the role, Location and Age.
- Please read Role necessities very carefully and apply if qualified. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- If after 2 weeks of application you do not hear from us, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.