Digital Communications Manager at the Civic Innovation Lab
The Civic Innovation Lab is a community of interdisciplinary creative minds leveraging technology. We are focused on harnessing Creativity, Innovation, and Technology to solve our most pressing social and environmental issues. Launched in 2017; we provide a collaborative environment for entrepreneurs creating positive social and environmental impact in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Communications Manager
- We seek an experienced digital communications manager to take charge of promoting our products and goals to the public, either as part of a specific campaign or on a holistic level by using the latest digital marketing strategies, they can foster brand awareness and loyalty across a wide-reaching audience.
- Their goal is to manage and grow the company’s presence on social media and other digital outlets.
- Implement and develop a digital engagement strategy, including search engine optimization across all our on-line content.
- Generate awareness and drive traffic to digital activities through online marketing and communications.
- Continually improve websites to provide trusted, interesting, informative and personalized online content which is up to date, and work with internal contributors to make sure their content reflects this.
- Evaluate and communicate statistics and results on our digital offer.
- Responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of the website and other digital platforms.
- Keep abreast of development in the digital arena, identify new digital opportunities.
- Writing for the web.
- Use of web and social media analytics to drive improvement.
- Developing, evaluating and improving electronic newsletters.
- Create content using video, imagery, animation, graphics and text.
- Successful implementation of a social media strategy including planning based on objectives and audience insight, execution and evaluation.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a Marketing related field.
- Proven successful communications and editorial experience, able to execute content-driven social media strategies achieving high visibility on complex subject matters for academic, corporate, or non-profit entities.
- Proven professional experience using social media platforms (including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Pinterest) to engage online audiences and communicate organizational priorities.
- Knowledge of internal marketing processes and utilities.
- Proven flexibility in writing styles, both in creative and tactical materials.
- Analytical thinking, research, and editing skills
- Team player with strong relationship-building skills, nimble and tactical under pressure
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent communication (written, verbal, and visual)
- interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strategic marketing knowledge,
- Innovation and creativity,
- Knowledge of social media and SEO, data analysis, graphic design and related software skills,
- Ability to multitask and work with different teams and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand learning needs.