Front-end Engineer at Sterling Bank Plc
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front-end Engineer
Location: Marina, Lagos
We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers to help us build the bank of the future. Join us if you’re:
- Interested in building products used by our customers and shipping code at a rapid pace.
- An experienced Front-End Engineer that is passionate about building web applications that scale across desktop and mobile.
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialise or move between teams. As an engineer here you’d be able to work directly with anyone across the company.
About this Role
What will you be doing as our Frontend engineer?
- You’ll be working as part of a cross disciplinary group to clearly understand user needs, challenging assumptions, iterating quickly to learn fast, using data and running experiments to evaluate solutions to develop secure, robust, and maintainable solutions at pace.
- Writing accessible and performant code while working with design systems.
- Interfacing with product stakeholders and team leads to discuss and craft details of new product features on the front-end side.
- Working with backend engineers to build scalable and functional applications that meet customer needs.
- Building beautiful web interfaces for products based on design specifications.
- Working with product owners and designers to craft awesome marketing pages that tell the story of a product while delivering a great web experience.
- Frameworks, and technologies we use include but are not limited to:
- Vue + Vuex
- React + Redux
This might be for you if
- You love building products in cross disciplinary teams using an iterative approach, driven by customer feedback and data insight.
- You deeply care about providing a great user experience to our users, and understand the impact that technology can have on this.
- You can transform visual designs (UI) into pixel-perfect execution
- You understand the huge role design plays in your development process and are able to work closely with product designers as well as backend engineers to build a product that’s both functional and delivers a great user experience.
- You have experience building applications for multiple devices, and are familiar with concepts such as progressive enhancement.
- You are constantly up to date with the latest HTML5 and CSS3 web standards including concepts like layout, specificity, and cross browser compatibility
- You have interacted with APIs, written end-to-end testing and consider performance, accessibility and security when building web applications.
- You understand the importance of prioritisation in your work to ensure a good balance between development velocity and code quality.
- You’re comfortable working with ambiguity every day, being a Web Engineer on the team, and are able to take the lead on technical and strategic decision-making.
- You are a keen learner and love sharing your knowledge with others.
Nice to have:
- A good sense of design
- Knowledge of UI animations and familiarity with animation tools
- A GitHub account with some cool projects in it
- A portfolio that shows relevant projects
- Our main office is in Marina, Lagos, although you have the opportunity to work remotely.
What the hiring process looks like… typically:
- An initial phone screen
- A take-home code test (other options are available if this doesn’t work for you for whatever reason) with a call to review your solution
- An on-site interview (varies by role and seniority, but we may invite you to a technical interview, product/design-centric session, and possibly an engineering leadership interview)
What can you expect from us? We offer good people, inspiring work and the opportunity to help build great products as well as the following benefits:
- To ensure that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase, we review salaries every 6 months.
- Get the work-tool of your choice plus accessories to improve your workflow.
Work From Home:
- Get things done-from home or an office. We encourage everyone to work from home twice a week to keep us remote-friendly.
- 20 days paid holiday in a year-we encourage you to use them up, too! An additional month of unpaid work is also on the table!
- In building together, we’re thinking about your future, too. We also care about your statutory rights.
- Regular internal knowledge sharing sessions on dedicated days. We encourage teams or individuals to share fascinating stuff.
- Online and offline access to books and subscriptions about startups, programming, design, finance and more.
Learning and Development:
- Access to local and international trainings to improve your skills.
- Socials every month including go-karting, board game nights, dinners, samba, drumming and movie nights. There’s no pressure to attend. Retreats are a thing, too.
- Private health insurance and paid sick leave (for both your physical and mental health).
Maternity And Paternity Leave:
- Babies are like products. We don’t want you to miss the biggest launch of your life.
- Thrice a week. In addition, there’s fresh fruits, biscuits, tea/coffee and soft drinks in the office—you’re in for a treat!
- We care about your wellbeing—physical and mental. While you’re building products, you might as well as well build your body and mind.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We understand that everyone’s situation is different, that you may be able to dedicate more or less time to our hiring process, or have other restrictions
- If any of our process is challenging for you and you’d like us to offer alternative or special arrangements, please let us know. We’re committed to finding the right people, and don’t want anyone to be excluded because of their circumstances.
- Questions about this role? Send an e-mail to: email@example.com