Bursar at Kwara State University
Therefore, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Malete, Kwara
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He/she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all of the institution’s financial transactions, including investments.
- The prospective candidate must hold a good first Degree in Accounting from a recognized University. In addition, he must be a member of at least one of the under-listed professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), or England and Wales, or Scotland, or Ireland;
- Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN);
- Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA);
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA);
- Chartered institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA); and
- The applicant shall be a person of unassailable integrity, with excellent interpersonal relations, good health and competence in the use of ICT for management services.
- The applicant should have a minimum of twelve (12) years cognate experience and must have attained the rank of Deputy Bursar for at least five (5) years in a University environment.
Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a renewable term of five years, on such terms and conditions as applicable to Federal Universities In Nigeria and as may be determined by appropriate University Laws and the Council.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their credentials and Ten (10) typewritten copies of their applications, giving the following information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Post Desired and Department
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience: General and Specific Experience (with dates)
- Details of Administrative experience and Service to the Community (with status and dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be Professionals or an authorities in relevant fields who must be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar, Confidential Reports on the applicant indicating the post desired.
All Applications and documents should be addressed and sent in a sealed envelope with the name of the candidate and post applied for indicated in the left side corner to:
Kwara State University, Malete,
P.M.B 1530, Ilorin,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.