Director of Strategic Information (DSI) at the Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Strategic Information (DSI) – OVC Programme
Ref Id: sfh-03115
Locations: North East/North West, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- The DSI will be the lead technical expert responsible for all SI aspects of the programme, including monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
- S/He will lead efforts to ensure accurate and timely performance reporting for the Programmes. This includes providing support to community organisations to monitor, document and analyse the performance of their OVC services and activities and ensure data quality.
- S/He will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and LGA level SI functions; and will ensure monitoring and evaluation coordination with PEPFAR and national data systems.
- The DSI and will be based in one of the states in North East/North West Nigeria.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Work, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 7 (seven) years of leading the SI function in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data-intensive, performance-based programmes funded by USG.
- The DSI will have a working knowledge of Nigeria’s health and social service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting, with understanding, experience and competency in working with OVC and HIV Prevention community-led organisations.
- The DSI will be skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid programme decision making, with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems with demonstrated experience developing in-house tools and data management systems to track M&E and performance indicators for the programme
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas) and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. S/He must be able to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats/visualisations.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent quantitative and analytical skills and able to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organise, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organisational goals and programme objectives.
Application Closing Date
7th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online