Employment Opportunity at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Planning Manager (STA)
- This position provides the leadership and direction for the day to day planning, scheduling and coordination of all maintenance activities of the Container Terminal.
- Responsible to ensure the highest productivity in the terminal and to provide subject matter expertise for all local planning activities, analytics for local Terminal asset maintenance and repair activities.
- Ensure all Asset Maintenance planning and scheduling processes are developed with the aim of reducing risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are technically planned in sufficient detail to allow execution on time, first time, every time with minimal unexpected events.
- Contribute to overall terminal reliability and operation efficiency by managing the local asset replacement, obsolescence and local planning processes.
- Manage the day to day work planning processes for Asset Maintenance activities.
- Routinely assess and ensure the best practice use of the CMMS for work order management and the overall planning and scheduling (despatch) of work and all supporting resource requirements.
- Provide close collaboration with the Warehouse team to ensure that spare parts, materials and special tool are available on a “just in time” basis to support the scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Engage with peers in the Global Asset Maintenance team, to lift the functional capabilities for asset lifecycle, in terms of design, engineering, delivery and maintenance, as a whole.
- Localize, implement and monitor global requirements for planning and work management.
- Enhance and promote best practice in strategic planning and the routine planning and scheduling of maintenance work activities by ensuring that the right knowledge is available throughout the terminals’ planning and scheduling personnel.
- Contribute to local strategic plans for development of APMT’s terminal facilities.
- Ensure priority is given to planning and scheduling of inspection, maintenance and repair activities within local terminals to safeguard asset integrity.
- Develop effective planning and scheduling processes and techniques to ensure the most effective use of available resources; labour, materials, services, tools & budget.
- Provide close collaboration with the Warehouse and Inventory Manager to ensure that best practice in supply chain management is incorporated and embedded within the global and local process for planning, scheduling and work management.
- Provide routine management of the local Planning Team and direct reports.
- Lead and develop the capabilities of planning and scheduling within the maintenance planning team.
- Develop collaboration and trust between maintenance and operations teams.
- Clearly communicate asset maintenance plans, schedules and equipment downtime requirements with operations teams.
- Participate and contribute to the APMT network maintenance planning community.
- Ensure clear communication with the Local (internal) clients and the Global Asset Maintenance team, where appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with APM Group values and business principle.
- Through effective planning and scheduling, identify local opportunities reduce Opex and Capex costs.
We are looking for:
- Preferable a university degree in Engineering, Planning or related subject.
- Minimum 5 years experience in an operational Asset Maintenance or Facility Management related environment.
- Understanding of Asset Maintenance planning metrics, principles, its processes and requirements.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organisation.
- Extensive Maintenance planning experience based on digital data received from the CMMS and other systems.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals software data systems and their interfaces.
- Some exposure to finance related matters and reporting against financial objectives.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation, and assistance to meet objectives.
- Proficiency in English
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.