Transmission Planning Engineer Wanted at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Planning Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum years of Experience: 5
- The Transmission Planning Engineer will co-ordinate site surveys for PoPs, inclusive of Technical site survey, space management and analysis of tower loading.
Other responsibilities includes:
- Co-ordinate site surveys for PoPs, inclusive of Technical site survey, space management and analysis of tower loading.
- Oversee MW design activities including Link Budget & Service Request Order (SRO’s).
- Report weekly of all MW activities.
- Update MW deployment sheet.
- Overall project planning, delivery and timely update on project progress.
- Ensure Regulatory compliance in the use of assigned frequency channels/bandwidth.
- Report on capacity, inventory and utilization of applicable transmission and carrier Ethernet equipment.
- Provide detailed engineering documentation to support and ensure successful Project implementation.
- Provide the required support to escalated issues from Operation and Vendors.
- Effectively manage radio licenses to meet customer requirements.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- BSc in Engineering.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ownership and initiatives
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to evaluate and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and Outlook.
- Ability to engage and communicate with vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Travelling may be required at short notice.
- Ability to analyse and interpret detailed technical solution and implement into network planning document.
- Understanding of Carrier Ethernet Technology (CET).
- Good knowledge of Ceragon/Ubiquiti/Dragon Wave/Radwin PTMP Radios.
- Good Knowledge of various protection schemes namely LMSP, SNCP ,Ring & Mesh Protection, etc.
- Good knowledge and experience on Microwave radios, Carrier Ethernet and GPON technology
Demands of the Job:
- This role demands prompt and timely delivery of customer’s service, as well as good inventory and stock management.