Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager Wanted at Horkey International Services Limited
Horkey International Services Limited is a wholly owned Nigerian company, which provides services in Dredging, Corrosion Control and Marine support services.
We are recruiting for the post below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the Company’s HSE-MS
- Create awareness amongst staff of HSE practices.
- Create safety awareness actions on site and enforce safety measures and guidelines.
- Conduct or co-ordinate HSE audits
- Conduct safety inductions for new employees, attachés, youth corps members and contractors on site.
- Plan, coordinate and implement effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure objectives are met.
- Provide support to Project and Operations teams in all aspects of safety, occupational health safety and environmental issues.
- Ensure training, tool box meetings and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc,
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Provide HSE compliance guidance on all sites or field work.
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- Perform risk assessment and ensure that permit to work system is enforced.
- Engage in daily routine safety inspections of the site.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in such a manner that minimizes the risks to employees, contractors, property and equipment.
- Undertake accident/incident investigations as the needs arise and implement remedial/preventive actions against re-occurrence of such (accident/incident)
- Investigate all accidents, near-misses, fire outbreaks and write reports.
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting. Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting.
- Provide HSE aspects of Company Bid Submissions as requested.
- Assist in the development of project specific HSE procedures.
- Conduct or co-ordinate HSE training and orientation to all new employees.
- Attain and Maintain MSDS workplace files, site FTO, Safety permits & approvals and OSHA logs.
Qualification & Skills
- First Degree in Engineering, or any related Science or Environmental discipline
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the Marine or Oil and Gas industry
- Must have done relevant HSE trainings with certificates
- Display a high level of computer literacy; Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access).
- Working knowledge of applicable Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Have 3 – 5 years minimum work experience
- Have excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Member of an internationally recognized environmental/safety/health professional body (IOSH, NISP or equivalent)
- Minimum level 3 in NEBOSH
- Knowledgeable in ISO standards and HSE management systems.
- Familiar with international safety codes.
- Identification and risk assessment of Occupational Health and Safety accidents.
- Good technical knowledge