Work at Sightsavers Nigeria
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer (Audit and Compliance)
Contract: 2-years Fixed Term Contract
- The Finance Officer will monitor compliance to organisational financial policies and procedures both for the Nigerian Country Officer and other downstream partners under the ASCEND NTD programme.
- The role will ensure that partners meet the contractual obligations as agreed with DFID for the funding of project including advising management on possible risks and mitigation’s.
- As the Finance Officer you will ensure financial control and manage risk for partners and that all conform to the organisational financial framework, policies and procedures. You will ensure that local regulations and governance requirements are adhered to, as its relates to the contractual obligations to DFID.
- You will undertake financial monitoring of partners activates, support the Compliance and Risk Manager to review budgets and forecasts of downstream partners and ensure they are in line with contractual agreements, disseminate and educate employees on the financial regulations and contractual risks and how it impacts on the organisation and the ASCEND programme if not complied with.
- Furthermore, you will perform risk assessments to understand the risk level tolerance, significance and scope, investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues, and collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
- As the successful candidate you will have a relevant professional accounting qualification or /Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, with a Masters degree being an added advantage.
- You will have significant similar working experience, ideally in an INGO environment (a background of audit and government organisation would also be advantageous), you will have knowledge of financial management, programme & project management and administration, possess Project Financial management and data analysis skills and the ability to represent Sightsavers with key external stakeholders.
- A good standard of English language skills is required for this role.
Local Terms & Conditions apply
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2019.
9th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download and fill the “Application Form” and “Equal Opportunities Form” below and submit as two separate documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
- We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
- We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply. Find out about our commitment to inclusion.