Graduate Internship at NEO360 Africa Limited
NEO360 is the first SME Centric, P2P Lending company in Nigeria. We are focused on solving a critical problem in the Nigeria Financial Sector, our online marketplace solution enables us to facilitate business growth funding between our investors and underserved SMEs in Nigeria. We are a team of young & energetic professionals who truly care about small and medium enterprises who have been denied or not had access to required resources to improve their business. We believe we can create a better financial system which works for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Job type: Technology (Intern)
Industry: Financial Services
- We are looking for a reliable finance intern to assist in preparing statements that follow regulatory and accounting guidelines. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up our control system.
- Our candidate should have good knowledge of accounting principles, great eye for details for effective vetting, reliable and must be a good team player. The internship role will help provide meaningful professional hands-on experience to candidates with proven academic and relevant potentials as you work closely with the team in pitching internal and external decision makers, investors and customers. Ideal candidates will utilize and further develop their technical and soft skills (i.e., communication), business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem-solving abilities.
- The goal on this role is to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will be assisting the finance/ operations with activities necessary to produce investor presentations and financial models
- Support most aspects of accounting managements such as; consolidation, billing, disbursement, financial document checks, reporting etc.)
- Manage journal entries, invoices and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, monthly or annual audit and making financial forecasts
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances.
- Utilize accounting IT systems to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Proven knowledge of accounting and finance modalities
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, credit checks, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Strong understanding of financial principles, and experience putting together pitch decks and financial models.
- Self-starter that can work independently, complete projects with little supervision, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately while working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong partnering skills and the ability to work with all levels of individuals within an organization
- Effective organizational skills with minimal guidance, as well as continuous improvement skills
- Working knowledge of MS office especially excel and relevant accounting software
- Well organized personality with an ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Business Economics Quantitative Finance or relevant field is most preferred
- Relevant Professional certification is a plus
- On-campus leadership positions.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online