Recent Job Opening at Lumos
Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid. Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day).
By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small installments using their mobile phones.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
- The IT officer will be responsible for implementing IT solutions that will enable the company to grow and perform more efficiently. Part of this will include maximizing resources and projects through design, development to completion.
- The position holder will be responsible for maintaining Business Support systems like CRM, Billing systems, Service Delivery Platform, Contact Centre Technology etc. and might also be required to work in an outsourced environment with deliveries through Strategic Partners.
- S/he will be expected to provide solutions to complex IT issues and be able to act both independently and closely with the IT Manager on-site.
- The key deliverable for this role is ensuring that projects are completed on time and budget, providing seamless service and ensure optimization of systems.
- Routine maintenance on all systems (internet and telephony) on a regularly scheduled basis
- Upgrades as required to ensure smooth workflow
- Regular reporting and escalation of potential issues to the IT Manager
- Understand budget cycle and ordering process
- Furnish IT solutions (internet, telephony, hardware and software) in accordance with company budget, timeframe, policies, protocols and procedures
- Provide regular and timely feedback, escalating problems and proffering solutions
- Troubleshooting as dictated by priority needs
- Provide advice on best practices and quick fixes
- Provide feedback and suggestions on project design
- Timely completion of assigned tasks according to project schedules
- Familiarity with PBX, IP telephony, call centre management
- Excellent PC hardware hands-on experience
- Ability to perform hands-on tasks
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Familiarity with online helpdesk systems
- Familiarity with project management systems
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Google Apps, including account administration, directory sync services and advanced troubleshooting
- Familiarity with common windows operating systems
- Familiarity with common Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, Debian, Redhat)
- Hands-on experience with MS Active directory, client and server sides
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or science related courses.
- Three or more (recent) years of IT hands-on work experience
- Other requirements (Behavioral etc.)
- Good communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Quick learner, able to follow and execute project plans.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Great problem-solving skills
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “IT Officer, Lagos” as the subject of the mail