Emperor Integrated Farms and Projects Limited Job Vacancy
Emperor Integrated Farms and Projects Limited is an Agricultural company established to carry out the business of farming and general merchandizing of Agricultural products of all kinds. The mixed farm which sits on 30,000 hectares of Agricultural land in Osara, on the outskirt of Okene, Kogi State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Greenhouse Manager
Location: Okene, Kogi
Job Type: Full Time
- We are looking for an experienced greenhouse manager to manage the care of plants, coordinate greenhouse workers and observe environmental standards for agricultural and horticultural production.
- The Greenhouse Manager will support the overall activities of the project by leading the operation of the greenhouse and plant cultivation facilities, developing and providing expertise in the production of plants.
- He will be responsible for growing new plants from seeds and tending to the ones that are already there through watering, fertilizing, and protecting them from pests. He will regulate the internal condition within the greenhouse to ensure the plants have the best environment for growing and equally research and develop best practices that are essential for the project.
- The ideal candidate will be trained and supervised by experts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee inventory of plants
- Plan species to be planted in conjunction with climate, time of year.
- Provide supervision over greenhouse workers
- Be knowledgeable about the stages of plant life and diseases that may occur
- Preform harvest plants or their fruits
- Make recommendations on fertilizer and potting mediums
- Effectively manage greenhouse equipment and computer controls
- Explore ways to improve processes for more efficient growth and harvest yields
- Maintain breeding records
- Forecast demand to determine plant populations
- Ensure that operation is compliant with environmental regulations
- A degree in Horticulture or related field/equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience
- Experience in applied agriculture
- Accurate reporting skills
- Excellent production planning and harvest assessment skills with verifiable results
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV and copies of all academic certificates in one document to the ” HR Department” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using “REF:0803 and the Job Position applied for” as the subject of the mail.
Submit hardcopy to the Head Office to:
Emperor Integrated Farms and Projects Limited,
Suite 201-203, Plot 1080, Joseph Gomwalk Street,
Gudu District, FCT Abuja.
- Applications received after the application closing date will not be considered.
- Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.