Latest Job Vacancy at Sahara Group Limited
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Department: Sahara Group Limited
Level: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
- The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for establishing the technical vision and leading all aspects of SGL’s technology development. The CTO is the company’s top technology executive, responsible for Sahara’s technology strategy development, and future growth.
- The CTO is responsible for managing and consolidating all the technology resources and support infrastructure these including; all related software programs and enterprise resource applications. The CTO will plan, organize, and control Sahara Group Limited day-to-day IT resource activities and collaborate with all stakeholders to achieve Sahara Group’s technology agenda.
- The CTO will develop and implement IT architecture strategies to ensure it accommodates both current and future organizational needs.
- The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be responsible for leading a team of IT, Enterprise Management and solution development professionals, he/she is expected to make major technology choices and ensure the timely launch of technology innovations contributing to Sahara Group’s future growth. As a key member of the leadership team, he/she is expected to contribute at a strategic level to business’ growth strategy and team development
- The CTO is expected to provide leadership in identifying, assessing and managing comprehensive integration of appropriate technology to into every facet of Sahara Group operations and contribute to the improved service delivery by infusion of technology into all feasible areas of operations.
- Responsible for the entire IT environment of Sahara Group Limited
- Responsible for establishing a highly digitized work environment across the entire gamut of business operations.
- Drive opportunities for reduction in cost of operations by leveraging new technology.
- Maintaining competitive advantage over peer organizations through the creation of a digital business and virtual working environment across our numerous geographies.
- Optimizing and managing the technology network in a manner that delivers high cost efficiency with sufficient resilience enterprise wide.
- Identifying needs and ensuring that the ideal software solutions are developed in a timely manner to help increase operational efficiency and leading edge work experience.
- Develop and maintain overall framework of IT policies, standards and strategies that will empower business and people to deliver on their commitments to business strategy and within budgets.
- Support business continuity by ensuring that there is no technology dependent failure in business operations by ensuring appropriate technology plans are in place and ever ready to guard against interruptions to business continuity. This includes identification of security threats; formulation of strategies and methods to mitigate such threats.
- Define the priorities, objectives and targets that contribute to delivery of value to business in line with best practices and standards.
- Develop cutting edge long term plans to sustain and support the business.
- Lead and contribute to generating strategic insight from business data.
- Take the lead in supporting business case justifications and ROI analysis for IT spending and initiatives.
- Ensure adherence to world class standards as relates to IT activities by establishing uniform processes and procedures in the Department.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the IT field with 7 in a senior management position. B.Sc/B.Tech / M. Tech / /MBA degree with a passion working in a very agile fast paced environment
- Exposure to ERP environment would be an added advantage.
- Firsthand knowledge in supervising development of software solutions.
- Exposure to networking, server administration , managing technology to support remote working
- Strong project management skills and management of development, maintenance and support teams.
- Up -to -date with the current (and future) levels of IT security, threats, vulnerabilities.
- Technical Knowledge: As the CTO will be required to perform technical tasks, experience with programming, computer science; ability to adopt innovations in building digital and technology applications is necessary.
- Communication and Influence Skill: A lot change is expected to be carried out in this role, as such it is essential that the CTO be able to express his ideas in an articulate manner and be able to influence key stakeholders.
- Project Management: Some initiatives in this area will be fairly long-term, and require strategic timelines. The CTO should be able to balance various projects at the same time and complete them within agreed timelines.
- Organizational Savvy: Due to the need to prioritize resources across the business, the CTO must be able to maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Disciplined/Prioritization: Since the majority of the CTO’s work is independent, being able to self-manage and continuously work on projects without procrastinating leads to success.
- Problem Solver: The CTO must be resourceful, know how to research different trends and products, and be able to think logically and quickly.
- Building Effective Team: The CTO will need to build strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Line Manager: Managing Director.
- Manages: Business Innovation ; Enterprise Solutions; IT Services & Infrastructure.