Recruitment for Corporate Affairs Manager at Japan Tobacco International (JTI)
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
Job ID: 23358
Location: Victoria Island
Professional area: Corporate Affairs & Communications
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs & Communication Director West Africa, the CA Manager is responsible for implementing the cluster’s Corporate Affairs & Communication strategy for:
- Regulatory Monitoring
- Stakeholder Engagament
- Government relations
- Corporate and Media Communication
Main Areas Of Responsibility
- Anticipates and monitors developments of tobacco-control and fiscal policy developments such as excise tax. Provide a basic assessment of their potential implications.
- Pro-actively highlights issues to the Corporate Affairs & Communications (CA&C) Manager such that anticipated challenges are addressed in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains up to date stakeholder maps used to implement pre-determined CAC strategies.
- Represents JTI at local trade, business association meetings and industry programmes. Ensures that JTI’s views and positions are well represented.
- Active engagement with officials of relevant Ministries, Agencies & Departments (MDAs) to drive opportunities where JTI’s positions and solutions can be effectively presented towards a reasonable and feasible regulatory environment.
Media and Corporate Communications:
- Content development and production of JTI’s West Afrcia newsletter.
- Assists in preparing engagement tools such as talking points, press releases, presentations, background profiles etc
- Media monitoring: Daily scouring of reputable news sources, prepare and file relevant press clippings.
- Prepare weekly media coverage report highlighting relevant news reports over the period.
Localizing global/Regional Regulatory Initiatives:
- Assists in localizing and global/regional CA&C priorities in line with developing local strategies as and when required. The objective is to ensure the effective implementation and roll-out of global/regional initiatives and strategies in line with local market environment.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CA&C Director WA
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor degree preferably in Media & Communication, Political Science, Law or Business Administration.
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience in Public Affairs or Corporate Affairs & Communications, preferably in a regulated FMCG industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Advanced Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) is required.
- High level of adaptability to diverse and fast changing environments.
- High Level of general/current affairs Knowledge. Proven strong interpersonal skills, and a team player
- High level of relationship building. High level of cultural sensitivity , and sense of prudence
- High degree of tact and confidentiality
- Strong reporting, analytical and negotiating skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online