Airtel Nigeria Job Vacancy
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interconnect Long Distance Destination Engineer
- We are looking for a suitable candidate that will be expected to act as technical, business & functional subject matter expert in the area of core network.
- The role holder will also be involved in network implementation of interconnect and Long distance destination routing, capacity monitoring, optimization and performance management, fault and complaint resolution.
- He or She will also ensure interconnect and long distance destinations meet availability, KPI’s & SLA as defined.
Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Operation & Maintenance of Interconnect and International long distance destination Services. Testing and implementation of Commercial ILD Routing plan – Perform day to day operations & maintenance of interconnect and International long distance destination services. Management and resolution of related incidents, prepare daily health check status and report to TL
- Detailed and Effective Documentation – Statistical report preparation and analysis; provide the requirements based on the analysis.
- Scalability/ Interoperability / Marketing requirements & Performance Management – Ensure all Vendor Network Equipment’s on the network can interoperate with one another and interconnect partners equipment’s without anomaly
- Evaluate the received commercial ILD routing plan / requirements and plan the availability and accessibility according to business capability
- Daily review and track interconnect /ILD network traffic, ASR, CCSR trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from TL and Planning team
- Vendor/Partner Management – Ensure that the Vendor Customer Support and supplier vendors are engaged at all times to deliver high quality output expected first time right.
- Engage and following up with 3rd line support for service request raised
Requirements, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s/Master’s of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree/Computer Science
- At least 5-8 years CS Core network interconnect /ILD Operations and optimization experience (MSC, MSC-S, MGW, HLR, STP SBC);
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G and LTE technologies architecture and standards
- Good project management knowledge
- Telecom experience is a must
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point.