Recruitment For Treasury Accountant at an Engineering Firm – Pivotage Consulting
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a multi-purpose and diversified Engineering firm is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Accountant
Job ID: TA/1135/PM
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head, Finance
Career: Mid/Level Expert
- Responsible for the company’s cash flow monitoring on a daily basis, make regular fund management analysis through accurate use of investment skills and business acumen as well as ensure efficient utilization of cash and other financial assets of the company, in a manner that increases the company’s profitability goal.
- In addition, accountable for assessment of periodic liquidity needs, determine funding sources and investing excess cash from the business activities in consistent with the company’s objectives.
- Manage day-to-day activities in treasury functions to meet the financial obligations of the company.
- Perform treasury activities related to cash flow, borrowings, debt, and working capital management.
- Allocate cash balances, maintains investment records, and prepares expense and earnings forecasts for the use of management.
- Ensure that accounting processes and procedures are in place and meet the company’s objectives, needs, and regulatory body requirements.
- Determine procurement of funds and monitors investments and collections accordingly.
- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash inflows and outflows.
- Prepare daily cash requirements and assist in the execution of daily financing decisions.
- Assisting with the month-end treasury reporting process by preparing monthly journal entries to close affected accounts
- Monitor and manage trade investment portfolios including Working capital, High-Yield, Escrow, long-term and short-term investment strategies and other portfolios
- Perform reconciliations of accounts affecting the treasury system such as cash, cash equivalents, investments, debt, and sales (account reconciliation);
- Responsible for daily cash utilization, cash flow management; assist in providing financial/ credit risk analysis on each of the anticipated spending
- Manage relationships with financial service providers and evaluate as well as implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies across the company’s operations.
- Evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure and guidelines of the company.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly uploads of all bank transactions on SAP with monthly reconciliation of same
- Track invoices for payment status and prepare un-invoiced jobs’ report based on approved pro-forma Invoices and work/purchase orders
- Track the Purchase Order status of allocated jobs and reconcile client invoices and statements/ accounts.
- Monitor and escalate customer’s account details for non-payments, non-issuance of purchase orders, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Liaise with sales team on invoicing issues/status and prepare receivable reports on a weekly basis and assist with month-end closing as well as perform aging analysis of receivables and review same to monitor/ensure compliance
- Capture invoices on the ERP system (SAP) and maintain reconciled clients’ files and records.
- Investigate and resolve payment discrepancies as well as identify issues and develop solutions related to accounts receivables activities and processes
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash and other routine activities
- Manage bank relationships/transactions including but not limited to bank reconciliations (also on SAP) and banking activities reporting (includes analyzing bank balances and service fees)
- Prepare and reconcile Trade debtors’ and Creditors’ schedules to Statement of Financial Position and prepare variance analysis and supporting schedules on affected accounts for immediate actions
- Communicate outstanding payments and receivables with creditors, debtors, bank and management as the case may be
- Liaise with procurement in relation to trade finance, letters of credit and supplier schemes
- Daily posting of receipts to ensure that all receipts are captured in the ERP system (SAP) as well as generating and posting journals where necessary
- Ensure conformity of company’ bank accounts with the approved company’s bank mandate
- Provide inputs and advice to management including recommendation of changes that will maximize revenue and profit
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the HOF from time to time
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting/Finance.
- Part/full professional qualification (added advantage)
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience
- Ability to use accounting software(s)
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Ability to proficiently use computers and applications
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skill
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Result-oriented and performance driven mindset
- Express some level of creativity and uniqueness.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word Format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Treasury Accountant” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.