Strategic Insights Manager Wanted at Japan Tobacco International (JTI)
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) is a member of the Japan Tobacco Group of Companies. Our 45,000 people come from all over the world, representing more than 100 nationalities. We market world-renowned brands in more than 130 countries with 409 offices, 29 factories, and 8 research & development centers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Insights Manager
Job ID: 23272
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Professional area: Marketing
Contract type: Permanent
Professional level: Experienced
- We are looking for a Strategic Insights Manager to provide strategic decision and direction to JTI management based on analytical reports and research results for the West African market.
- The role is expected to provide support to the Marketing & Sales (M&S) team in survey set-up, dissemination of distilled research results to a wider audience to stimulate business discussion and generation of strategic decisions.
- The ideal candidate should be able to manage data/knowledge database & act as a leading contact for M&S information relating to sales and consumer insights. S/he would also be expected to manage the analysis of JTI standard tools such as Nielsen, JTI Tracker, etc. in order to support the M&S team in identifying and advising on commercial opportunities.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Provide strategic direction to the Marketing & Sales team via expertise in consumer, market and brand understanding generated through analytical skills and expert research methodologies.
- Recommend, steer & ensure the appropriate implementation of analysis, research and insight generation methodologies.
- Manage business data/knowledge database & act as a leading contact for M&S information and knowledge sharing and consolidation.
- Conduct and support all trade and market research while adhering to the JTI standards for research and ensure adherence to timeline for delivery
- Identify and develop innovative ways for analysis and reporting of M&S data to assist with ease of proactive decision making
- Other – Manage various tasks and projects as they arise and upon manager’s request. Provide support to other team colleagues during heavy workload periods.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- University degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in Marketing Research, Sales Analysis and/or Brand Development, preferably within an FMCG environment.
- A detailed understanding f both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint & a good understanding of other MS Office software.
- Previous knowledge in Research Data Analysis is an advantage