Environmental Health Safety Specialist (ESH) at Schneider Electric Energy & Sustainability Services
Schneider Electric Energy & Sustainability Services – Buy energy smarter. Use energy efficiently. Operate sustainably. Schneider Electric Energy & Sustainably Services helps thousands of companies across the globe develop strategic plans, and implement projects and programs to meet their goals, from zero waste to landfill to 100 percent renewable energy to zero carbon footprint.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Health Safety Specialist (ESH)
About the Role
- Environmental, Safety and Health Specialist are core leaders in supporting Schneider’s values of safety and health.
- ESH Specialist provide direction, support, and training relative to so and governing agencies Environmental, Safety, and Health policies.
- As a team, their focus is to encourage a positive and proactive atmosphere for safe behaviors on and off the job
- Provide advice and assist line management to ensure that an effective ESH Management System is implemented and working.
- Implement and maintain systems and standards to effectively manage ESH at the location.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant ESH legislation, Schneider requirements and certification standard requirements.
- Provide guidance and direction as necessary in ESH programs to employees to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Promote safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
- Assist in the identification of hazards, evaluating the risk, developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent or minimize exposure and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Maintain up to date Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and RA for all areas, jobs, and equipment.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Site Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans.
- Participate and Coordinate ESH Reviews and Management of Change Reviews
- Ensure that contractor personnel working at the location are in compliance with legislative and Schneider ESH requirements and maintain necessary documents and records related to Contractor management.
- Perform and contribute to the Site training plans by developing and maintaining training matrix for all job levels, scheduling, and monitoring training, conducting employee orientations, conducting emergency response training and coordinating training programs at the location.
- Schedule and coordinate inspections and audits by appointed site personnel, certifying bodies and corporate structures.
- Develop and monitor corrective action lists to address shortfalls and improvements.
- Coordinate with appointed responsible personnel on correction of deficiencies/shortfalls.
- Report incidents in GIR system and lead incident investigations. Depict the incident including the causal factors in a SnapChart.
- Maintain records of audits, inspections, reports, certifications, permits, etc. related to ESH.
- Maintain filing systems regarding worker ESH records including training records medical fitness certificates.
- Support site manager to develop and implement Regional and Site ESH Goals.
- Arrange and facilitate regular safety and management meetings. Minutes of the meetings must be compiled and the outcomes of the meetings must be actioned, monitored and followed-up to ensure proper compliance.
- Develop, monitor and track performance indices and report statistics.
- Compile and submit ESH reports to management.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills Set
- B.Sc in Environmental Science & Technology or B,Sc in Environmental Health or other related fields.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar position and direct practice in safety systems management, occupational health, and environment.
- Experience in Supervising or management of production operations or manufacture
- Strong administrative skills
- Computer Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, outlook, vision, SAP)
- People management/supervisory skills
- Communications skills (Excellent verbal and written)
- Internal business administration knowledge
- Creative and innovative.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Attach your CV.