Recruitment for Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Neem Foundation
Neem Foundation is Non-Governmental Organisation that is committed to improving the lives of those affected by the North- East insurgency in Nigeria through building inclusive communities, providing and raising the standards of psycho-social care and countering extremist narratives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for coordinating all M&E activities for Neem Foundation and to contribute to set-up a coherent and robust mechanism for achieving program quality. The M&E Officer will ensure that all required interventions are implemented in accordance with Neem Foundation’s norms and standards in order to ensure high program quality as well as mentoring project staff in all M&E processes and overseeing data management for all Neem Foundation programmes.
- S/he will provide oversight and guidance for the project officers in data cleaning and validation activities and the larger project team. S/he will assist the project team in establishing a strong monitoring and evaluation system and also work with them to ensure high quality implementation of that system.
- In addition, s/he will work very closely with project staff to ensure the incorporation of M&E best practices in the implementation of projects, and also advise on issues relating to the design to maximize output and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The post holder leads the development and implementation of the M&E and research framework that will generate evidence and maintain accountability standards;
- S/he will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of monitoring, evaluation and research for the project system is in place to generate evidence on the learning and impacts of Neem Foundation’s programmes;
- S/he develops and promotes widespread application of appropriate technologies and evidence-based program standards and guidance that reflect Neem Foundation and global best practices;
- S/he leads and provide oversight support to the programme internal and external assessments, reviews and surveys.
- Provide high quality M&E technical leadership, support and capacity building to implementation teams;
- In collaboration with the programme team, develop an M&E plan, as well as an ongoing research programme to support an evidence and learning agenda and a process for knowledge sharing between Neem Foundation, stakeholders and partners;
- Support project, state and national reporting processes thereby contributing to high quality project reporting, leading in data quality assurance and compliance with reporting requirements;
- Develop, review, catalogue and ensure utilization of standardized programme assessment and monitoring tools, manuals, guidelines, trainings and protocols;
- Ensure and increase utilization of accountability approaches, such as participation, complaints and response mechanisms;
- Keep abreast of M&E sector trends and developments, for example in remote monitoring, and adapt and promote introduction of new methodologies, technologies, innovations and best practices;
- Formulate key program questions that will help to advance the evidence base, and support the design of targeted evaluations (including but not restricted to baseline, midline and end line evaluations) and pieces of operations research; and
- Actively contribute to the process of learning, evaluation, capturing and disseminating lessons from the programme for continuous improvement of programme performance and overall outcome.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for stakeholders’ and partners staff;
- Positively influence and build the capacity of project staff and partners at various levels.
- Representation, Advocacy & Organizational Learning:
- In collaboration with Neem Foundation’s partners, feed into learning, experiences and evidence to relevant general advocacy objectives;
- In collaboration with Neem Foundation staff, contribute with analysis towards organizational learning around technical areas as well as processes and outputs.
- Comply with Neem Foundation’s policies and practice with respect to development practices and other relevant policies and procedures.
Minimum Education Requirements
- A Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Social Sciences / Statistics / or related fields;
- Specialized knowledge and training on statistical software (IBM SPSS, NVIVO, STATA, ATLAS.TI) and/or data processing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Five (5) years’ experience in project implementation with an NGO, research institution, or development body (donor, UN agencies, development agencies);
- Knowledge and experience in the use of project planning and monitoring tools;
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to details;
- Experience in training and facilitation for M&E activities;
- Very strong writing skills; and
- Ability to work closely within a team/group environment
- Integrity, Accountability and Commitment;
- Excellence, Diversity and Respect;
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and strategically;
- Able to take initiative in mobilizing and facilitating activities;
- Multi-tasking and coordination skills (Planning & Organizing);
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills;
- Hausa (an added advantage)
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online