Project Coordinator at FHI 360
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Boki, Cross River
Supervisor: Director, Special Projects
Job Type: Full time
- The Integrated Health for Refuges and Vulnerable Populations is a one-year project. The project will be implemented by FHI 360 with support from Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to strengthen the capacity of two primary health centers (PHCs) located in Boki and Etung LGAs in Cross River State to improve health service delivery through training of health care workers, CHEWs and community volunteers to conduct community outreach and sensitization that address gaps in health seeking behavior. The project will support PHCs with medical commodities provision, emergency preparedness for disease outbreaks, namely cholera and AWD, in refugee settlements and host communities through emergency preparedness training, prepositioned stocks and materials.
- In addition, the project will provide sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services for refugees in the identified two facilities through coordinated supportive supervision and mentoring of state primary health care development agency staff in the two local governments. Service provision in the PHCs will be gender and disability inclusive and will support the Cross River State health agencies to provide integrated primary health care services including but not limited to sexual/reproductive health, immunization, management of communicable disease and referral to secondary care by providing technical assistance to government systems and structures to strengthen quality preventive and curative health services for refugees in host communities in Cross River state.
- The project will collaborate with the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA), local government health authorities, health supervisors, community and settlement leadership to foster ownership and sustainability.
- The Project Coordinator will report to Director Special Projects and responsible for providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the refugee response project activities in Boki and Etung Local Government Areas. S/he will manage field site staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Support in project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary/community identification, refugees screening site mapping, planning and implementing of all sector activities, working with partners and facilitating monitoring.
- Leverage on current UNHCR health and nutrition project for Cameroonian refugees implemented by FHI 360 for seamless collaboration and access for referrals and services.
- Map all health facilities and other resources for identification of and access to such services for refugees.
- Support health facilities with improved skills for service delivery to Cameroonian Refugees and host communities.
- Provide technical assistance to teams in Boki and Etung LGAs on effective service delivery.
- Institute system for continuous quality improvement of delivery of quality health care services in supported facilities.
- Contribute to all field work, including working with other FHI 360 staff in Cross River state in the implementation of all planned and inclusive intervention.
- Coordinating with community leaders, stakeholders and other field-based structures.
- Ensure effective beneficiary target according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with other program staff.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Conduct monitoring and data collection as directed by the Director, Special Projects, assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed.
- Contribute to providing the Country Director with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinates beneficiary lists and numbers with different stakeholders.
- Adherence to the SPHERE standard policy on Refugee Protection and Solutions
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to FHI 360 and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the area of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS/MD/PhD or similar degree with 3-5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Or MS/MA in social science, public health or related field, MPH preferred, and a minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public and NGO sectors.
- Or BS/BA in Social Science, Public Health or related field, with a minimum of 7-9 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 5 years’ experience with Health program planning and implementation at the community or state level working with public sector and NGO.
- Experience with providing health and non – health interventions strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of donor (US Department of State – PRM) regulations and reporting requirements.
- Problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- An active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team, share ideas and learn.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the general public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices.
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills.
- Fluency in English; fluency in any of the local languages is required.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working in large-scale emergency programs and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management and capacity development.
- Prior experience implementing any form of protection support is required,
- Preferably in a camp setting.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan.
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- FHI 360 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.