Join Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Instrumentation and Control Engineer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Summary & Purpose
- Prepare instrumentation designs and deliverables /conceptual, Front End Engineering Design (DEED) and Detailed Engineering Design ( DED) according to specification.
- Reports to: Senior Instrumentation Engineer
- Direct Reports: Trainees/ IT
- Internal Relationships: All staff
- External Relationships: clients
- Prepare instrumentation design and deliverables for feasibility studies, conceptual/basic engineering, FEED and DED.
- Perform discipline-internal check (DIC),
- Participate in internal and external meetings.
- Participate in engineering design and safety reviews.
- Provide input to preparation of tenders and Cost Time Resource (CTR) estimates for proposals.
- Conduct Site visit and submit report.
- Ensure strict adherence to QHSE policies and procedures and comply with safe work methods as required
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor/line Manager
- Academic Qualification: First degree in Sciences/Engineering (HND/BSC, B.Tech., B.Eng.)
- Professional Qualification: NSE/ COREN
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years work experience in similar role.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient in Engineering System and Knowledge
- Concern for order, quality and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and Adobe editing system
- Highly motivated and have ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with excellent personnel management skills.
- Strong communications skills to work across departments.
- Excellent use of Engineering Softwares (i.e AutoCAD, Intools/ Smart Plant Instrument etc)
- Conversant with National and International Codes, Standards and Engineering Practices used in the industry – API, ASME & ISA, ANSI , AGA , IEC, API, PIP etc..
- Good analytical skills.
- Familiar with control/safety systems like HIMA, ALLEN BRADLEY, YOKOGAWA, EMERSON DELTA V, INVENSYS-Triconnex is an added advantage.
- Experience with PDS (E-Raceway) and PDMS is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
Physical Exertion on the Job:
- Performance Area: Design Deliverables
- Accuracy of design deliverables: Reports, Specifications, Lists and Drawings in accordance to engineering standards.
- Frequency of revision cycles before final approval
- Perform Self Checks and Verification on design deliverables.
- Accurate/updated record in Project Folder.
- Updated drawing Templates for Projects.
- Continuous delivery of assigned tasks by Senior/Lead Engineers.
- Turnaround Time (TAT) on delivery of Assigned tasks
- Strict adherence and compliance to QHSE policies and safe work rules.
Key Performance Metrics:
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Customer Service
Application Closing Date
3pm; 24th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the closing date above will be automatically rejected.