Cost Control Engineer Wanted at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client, a leading International EPC Company requires for immediate employment a suitably qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Cost Control Engineer
- Responsible for setting up Cost Control procedures and process flow charts for assigned project.
- Responsible for setting up budgets to follow the project costs for assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparing Estimation of Total Forecasts, Quantity/Costs and Expected Outcomes.
- Assists Project Managers in optimizing and improving their budgeted profits.
- Liaise with Finance and other departments to effectively handle and coordinate cost related activities.
- Assist the projects to point out items with the most significant impact on the cost.
- Preparing change orders or claims and follows up.
- Prepare the monthly project cost control report, management report and cash flow.
- Responsible for the control and monitoring of project total expenditure including verifying progress work statements and claims from suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide cost controlling support for all projects or designated projects which includes variation reporting monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes.
- Ensures effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of Work Base Structure (WBS) with the use of project management systems to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Prepare the project budget and revise them thrice (3 times) in a year and prepare the justification for the variances with the original budget and revised budget.
- Prepare monthly Project Status Report (PSR); perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Coordinate with the Planning Engineer to prepare the project status report as required.
- Efficiently work as Cost Control Engineer to effectively foresee problems before hand and mitigate the impact by appropriate timely actions.
- Handle other related job functions as may be assigned by the Project Control Manager or his/her designate.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Good Communication skills
- Flexible and approachable
- Being professional
- Computer literacy (Proficient with excel)
- Self-motivated and confident
- Diligent and resourceful
- Problem solving
- Listening and communication
- Customer service
- Ability to Take Initiative
- Should be willing to relocate/work at project site when required
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering
- Relevant professional qualification will be added advantage
Experience required for the Position:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Cost Control Engineer in Oil & Gas Sector.
- EPC experience a must
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.