International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Latest Job Opening
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Logistics Assistant, in close supervision with the Logistics Site Manager, supports the Sub Delegation’s logistics team (Logistics Site Manager and Purchaser) by following up on and handling requests in regard to administrative tasks as well as execution of logistic support to all ICRC Sub Delegation activities.
- Receives all orders and submits them for validation after checking and verifying necessary information, such as realistic delivery dates, relevant item-codes, Objective Code, Cost Centre, validators
- Attributes validated ROs/SRs/Internal Requests for action to Logistics team members in Port Harcourt.
- Prioritizes urgent orders for the Purchaser
- Synchronizes the STM with the ERP system and immediately changes the statuses of the documents electronically.
- Closes the ROs on FSS or the ERP system and the corresponding tickets on the STM once the order is complete.
- Ensures good electronic and hard filing of the SRs with proof of completion attached to the hard copy file (invoice, transfer Packing List, etc.).
- Acknowledges reception of orders and updates the clients with the estimated delivery time.
- Informs Requesters in case of delays.
- Maintains the Medical/FA store in the Sub-Delegation
- Supports Logistics help desk activities/SCM Helpdesk function within the Sub-Delegation.
- Vocational high school diploma
- Very good command (spoken and written) of English
- Computer literacy
- Driving licence
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a similar field.
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- High organizational skills
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Affinity to coach colleagues in Logistics procedures
- Resistance to stress, to work under pressure
Application Closing Date
16:30 h; 20th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org ⦁ Clearly indicate “ABJ201900079 Logistics Assistant PoH”as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.