Program Manager (Trainer) Wanted at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Manager (Trainer)
Job Ref Code: PMT91319
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: Head of Unit, Agriculture and Economic Growth
- CRS Nigeria is collaborating with the Nigeria National Social Safety Nets Project (NASSP) on a pilot scheme to assess the effectiveness of a mentoring and coaching intervention that will accompany a package of cash assistance and business skills training.
- NASSP provides targeted regular cash transfers to targeted poor and vulnerable households identified through a national social registry (NSR).
- Under NASSP, each household receives 5000 NGN per month.
- This base benefit is designed to ensure a minimum, reliable payment to promote consumption smoothing, address food insecurity and protect against economic shocks.
- NASSP is piloting a complementary livelihood intervention to support households receiving cash transfers to pursue sustainable income generating activities.
- The livelihood package will promote households to transition from subsistence to sustainable livelihoods.
- The package includes the following four key components: (i) Life-skills training, (ii)Business skills training, (iii)Coaching/Mentoring and (iv) Productive grant transfer.
- The NASSP livelihoods pilot will be implemented in two LGAs per state in six states across the country: Anambra, Bauchi, Cross River, Jigawa, Niger and Oyo. CRS will implement and monitor the coaching and mentoring component of this livelihood’s intervention.
- The Program Manager will be responsible for managing all activities on the World Bank Livelihoods Project (start-up, implementation and close-out) to ensure efficient and effective delivery in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practice.
- S/he will support the development of the mentoring and coaching curriculum, lead its rollout, and provide technical assistance to Cash Transfer Facilitators (CTFs) and Community Based Volunteers (CBVs) to deliver coaching and mentoring services to beneficiaries.
- The Program Manager will take the lead on developing guidelines for the implementation of the coaching and mentoring program, working with government counterparts. S/he will work with the M&E Specialist to deliver high quality project monitoring and ensure that field learning is documented and used to strengthen the coaching and mentoring intervention.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Technical Program Quality:
- Provide technical input into the development and pilot of the coaching and mentoring curriculum and training documents;
- Deliver training and refresher training to CTF and CBV ‘Master Trainers’; provide ongoing capacity development of Master Trainers through on-the-job mentoring and coaching;
- Produce guidelines for the implementation of the coaching and mentoring component of the livelihood’s intervention;
- In collaboration with the MEAL Technical Specialist, coordinate the development and administration of monitoring tools and the collation and analysis of program data and development of program reports;
- In collaboration with the M&E Specialist, carry out spot monitoring checks on the Master Trainers’ delivery of trainings to CTFs and CBVs, and the CTF and CBVs’ delivery of mentoring and coaching to project beneficiaries;
- Foster program innovation and learning through regular discussions with CRS staff and project stakeholders;
- Represent the project at relevant technical forums as required.
- Provide program management oversight for all project activities, including liaising with administrative, operational and security staff to facilitate efficient program operations;
- Coordinate logistic support for the curriculum consultant, and for field-based training activities;
- Lead the preparation, review and submission of high-quality project documents including work plans, monitoring reports, and any other documentation required by the donor or by coordinating MDAs;
- Liaise with the finance and grants management team to facilitate timely and complete submission of financial reports as required by contract terms;
- Provide supervisory oversight to the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Social Sciences domain is required. A relevant master’s level degree is an advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience coordinating or managing development projects, with evidence of progressive management responsibilities;
- At least two years of field-level experience delivering programs in one or more of the following intervention areas: agriculture, vocational skills training, financial literacy, cash transfers, small business development, integrated community livelihoods, etc;
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering diverse training programs and transferring knowledge to community level health and social service workers and/or volunteers;
- Experience engaging with senior and operational level staff of government ministries, departments and agencies, and supporting them to achieve set objectives;
- Some level of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning skills and experience is desirable;
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and deliver outputs on schedule.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm; 26th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating position being applied for and the Job Ref Code (e.g. Program Manager, PMT91319) as the subject of the application to: email@example.com
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.