Join Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: All On Investment Analyst
Reference ID: 121268BR
Employment Type: Full Time
About All On
Nigeria has a 175,000MW power gap and an estimated 28 million households and 11 million SMEs that are either off grid or receive less than four hours of power per day (bad grid). This amounts to 120 million people living without access to reliable and affordable power.
Addressing the access-to-energy challenge in Nigeria requires a combination of both the traditional large-scale power generation approaches and distributed power innovations that are smaller scale, lower cost, and quicker to market
All On Partnerships for Energy Access (‘All On’) was established by Shell as an independent impact investing company to work with partners to increase access to commercial energy products and services for the under-served and un-served off-grid markets in Nigeria, with a special focus on the Niger Delta.
All On builds values-driven local and international partnerships to help scale business models. All On seeks both financial returns and social impact – to provide and/or improve access-to-energy for millions of households and SMEs. The company operates a lean structure to ensure efficiency and speed and continues to leverage expertise from Shell and other partners. Governance is through a Grant Advisory Committee and Board of Directors.
All On invests in off-grid energy solutions spanning solar, wind, hydro, biomass and gas technologies deployed by both foreign and local access-to-energy companies that complement available grid power across the Nigeria and help bridge the significant energy gap. All On provides debt and equity capital to early and growth-stage businesses in Nigeria’s nascent off-grid energy sector. Due to the scale of the energy gap in Nigeria, All On also partners with other (development) financing institutions to develop enabling finance facilities that all businesses in the Nigerian off-grid energy sector can access.
To ensure an enabling environment for sector players and further de-risk All On investments, the company works with partners to carry out market-building activities for off-grid energy including advocacy, research, consumer awareness, and capacity building.
What will you do?
- This position is responsible for supporting the All On impact investment deal process and investee management under the supervision of the All On Investment Manager.
Candidate will be required to do the following:
- Leverage (and grow) personal and professional networks to originate deals in the off-grid energy sector in Nigeria;
- Process deals through approval and closing
- Drafting of the various documents required for the deal approval process – including the deal narrative, risks, justification, and deal economics;
- Financial modeling of investment opportunities with risked outcomes based on multiple scenarios;
- Assess historical financial statements of potential investees to enhance understanding of historical corporate performance and probability of the success of the proposed business model;
- Propose investment instruments and related terms of financing to be deployed for each opportunity;
- Draft and negotiate term sheet with counterparty based on the direction and approvals of the governance process;
- Undertake financial, technical, and commercial due diligence and prepare related due diligence reports for each opportunity being developed;
- Provide ongoing strategic, operational, and governance support to investees in the portfolio;
What we need from you
- A strong investment management background with 3-5 years experience in investment banks, Public Equity and Venture Capital funds (impact or fully commercial), and/or deal delivery in commercial banks or Development Finance Institutions (DFIs);
- Undergraduate Degree from a reputable institution in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, and Business Administration, though relevant experience is more important. MBA a nice to have, but not required;
- Solid experience in investment teams with an energy and/or social infrastructure focus or similar business deals with a proven record of success and achievements;
- Experience working on investments in Nigeria or similar markets;
What we offer you
- At All On we’re committed to investing in the development of your career and we give people with your skills a platform from which you can deliver, create substantial impact, and grow professionally with a fast-growing organization
- All On is a company with shared values
- Honesty, integrity and respect aren’t simply a strap line, but are a part of everything we do. What’s more, we’re a company that places the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and on our inclusive approach;
- Join us and you’ll belong to a company where you can feel pride in your achievements in being one part of the solution for addressing Nigeria’s foundational development problem.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline: Not Specified