Job Opening for Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – Service Engineer at Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Mechanical Design Engineer – Service Engineer
Job ID: 1924176
Location: Onne, Rivers
- A Lead Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to interpret a customer’s specification/requirements to produce a practical and cost effective design/solution to meet the design or maintenance requirements.
- They should ensure that the design is correctly transformed into engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, test procedures and ensure manufacturability of design.
- Interpret customer specifications and identify equipment required to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure that equipment is designed in accordance with current HSE legislation.
- Prepare and approve factory acceptance test procedures, Operational & Maintenance procedures and inspection/ test reports.
- Undertake design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Design Reviews, Design Calculations to establish a full Design Verification Package (DVP) to satisfy the verification plan. Ensure DVP has third party or independent review.
- Check and approve layout and detail drawings.
- Review/disposition survey reports.
- Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
- Adhere to and meet Engineering work schedules.
- Liaise with Sales and Manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
- Provide field support as required.
- Provide engineering support for the service of installed Subsea Production Equipment (SSPE)
- Provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
- Ensure all work is conducted with integrity and in an environmentally and safe manner
- B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Subsea Drilling and Production Systems.
- Strong knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards and design codes.
- Knowledge of Engineering design theory and manufacturing techniques.
- Desire to provide world class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of working time.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Knowledge and experience pertaining to the following would be advantageous:
- Strong SSPE product line knowledge.
- Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes
- Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.
- Fully proficient with BHGE ePIMS database
- Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within the company.
- RTP Creation
- GRR/ NCR System
- CTR Creation
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online