Recruitment for Director of Finance and Operations at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Operations
- Chemonics seeks a director of finance and operations for the anticipated USAID Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) in Nigeria. SHARP aims to support the government of Nigeria in Bayelsa, Edo, and Lagos states to strengthen service delivery and health systems. Nigerian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, financial reporting, and accounting
- Liaise with the Nigerian government, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Write and contribute to reports and other deliverables
- Coordinate all administrative support for program implementation, including setting up field offices, handling preparations for learning opportunities, and handling all financial aspects
- Serve as the central point for coordination and communication within the program and with USAID for planning, human resources and contracts, and budgets
- Scrutinize expenditures to ensure performance and outlays are commensurate
- Manage programs to ensure that the HIV response is successful and cost-effective
- Master’s degree in Accounting or a closely related discipline; and professional certification in accounting (equivalent to CPA)
- Minimum seven years of experience in financial management of activities of similar complexity to SHARP in Nigeria or a similar setting, including five years with U.S. government-funded activities
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing large budgets
- Experience in West Africa preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with reporting requirements for the U.S. government and the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter to: NigeriasharpTO2recruit@chemonics.com with “Director of Finance and Operations” in the subject line
Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.