Global Trade Advisory Consultant Wanted at Deloitte Nigeria
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Trade Advisory Consultant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- Participate in engagements requiring analysis of client records
- Understand national and international trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their business objectives
- Advise multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance requirements
- Participate in duty-optimization planning such as free trade zones, bonded warehouses, free trade programs, duty drawback, and preferential trade agreements
- Represent clients on customs duties audits conducted by customs and trade authorities around the world
- Work with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions
- Help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain
- Participate in planning and compliance assistance, and exploration of automated import and export solutions
- Participate in supply chain efficiency planning including trade and security, customs valuation planning, first sale for export planning, and the analysis of transfer pricing policies to work toward compliance with customs valuation requirements
- Process improvement planning and implementation assistance.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.A., Engineering etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Membership of ICAN, ACCA, or CITN would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3- 5 years of relevant work experience in Transfer Pricing/Customs and Global Trade experience (i.e., operational, government, law firm, consulting)
- Good logical reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills
- Sound writing, oral communication and presentation skills
- Data management and analysis experience
- Proficiency in the use of computer packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project Office, Access, etc. Very good use of PowerPoint and Excel is a strong advantage
- Demonstrate interest in international trade or international business
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.