Strategic Communications Officer Recruitment at the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries – from developing democracies, to mature democracies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Communications Officer
- The Strategic Communications Officer will be responsible for leading the coordination and overall design of IFES Nigeria’s external and internal communications efforts, across various programmatic teams when needed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing, drafting and editing documents in support of the program including: promotional/background materials, social media posts, project reports and project correspondence in both English and other local languages where needed;
- Overseeing and coordinating IFES Nigeria’s external and internal communications in a timely manner;
- Leading on the design and development of an IFES Nigeria website, contributing with content, materials and illustrations on a regular basis;
- Working collaboratively with other departments to design integrated communications materials to ensure alignment of messages with IFES program objectives.
- Reviewing and disseminating IFES Nigeria stories and reports;
- Ensuring compliance with IFES branding, marking, communications and outreach policies and strategies;
- Managing IFES Nigeria external outreach platforms, including social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter accounts);
- Assisting with the logistical preparation and implementation of program activities such as conferences and trainings;
- Maintaining, organizing and updating IFES Nigeria multimedia files-photographs, videos,printed materials -as well as stakeholder contact information;
- Leading on the design and development of high quality IFES Nigeria graphic designs, infographics, media contents and photographs that supports IFES program implementation and reporting;
- Identifying and collaborating with vendors such as photographers, video producers, graphic designers, printers, etc. to ensure high quality products that meet IFES needs;
- Liaise with USAID Communications unit on IFES Nigeria behalf providing success stories and summary report of implemented IFES events;
- Advise, as agreed with the Country Director, IFES counterparts on strategic communications
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specification
- Ability to be creative – Capability in creative & graphic design – (ability to build picture-based communications / posters / infographics / etc).
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to bring innovative ideas and external insight in to communications.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality;
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required;
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of political issues and elections preferred;
- Prior experience in providing advice on strategic communication to organizations;
- Experience managing databases, social media sites;
- Proficiency in infographics and data visualization;
- Prior experience organizing events and logistics;
- Experience in design of publications for outside consumption preferred;
- Excellent English language writing skills;
- Working level proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and standard graphic design software.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English language required.
- Travel: Travel may be required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Standard office work environment.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- essential functions of the job.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, current Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only applications sent by email will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.