Warehouse Assistant Wanted at ACTED
ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
About the Job
- Reporting to Warehouse Officer, the Warehouse Assistant/ Storekeeper is responsible in collaboration with the Warehouse Officer, for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the warehouse
- Warehouse Assistant/ Storekeeper must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard ACTED inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the ACTED warehouse(s).
- Advise supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO/FEFO) procedures.
- Advise the Warehouse Assistant of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
Warehousing and Inventory:
- Monitor security of ACTED’s storage and supplies.
- Receive approved store’s release forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- On a monthly basis, work with the Warehouse Officer to reconcile the Warehouse inventory and the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Warehouse Officer in a timely manner.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
- Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of Warehouse staff, providing appropriate feedback.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Warehouse Officer.
All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Minimum of a Diploma in any Science or Social Science Field.
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter).
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Contract length: 3 Months with possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start Date: As soon as possible Desirable.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CV will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.