Program Officer, TB&HIV at the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) – 4 Openings
To drive quality, comprehensive health services and to engender global best practices to reduce the burden of pediatric and adolescent HIV, tuberculosis and malaria, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for this position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, TB/HIV
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Nasarawa, Two for Central Office (1 Global Fund, 1 ACHIEVE)
Job Category: Technical
Department: Prevention Care and Treatment
- Quality of care assessment and ensuring that patients in all IHVN supported facilities receive high-quality comprehensive TB/HIV /AIDS care and treatment in line with WHO and National Guidelines in PEPFAR and Global Fund sites (TB/HIV, MDR-TB).
- Program facilitation for effectiveness and efficiency, facilitation of communication, collaboration, task sharing and teamwork among clinic staff of all sites.
- Provision of on-site clinical mentoring and technical assistance to clinic staff of all sites.
- Improvement of strong linkages between the ART clinics and the TB/DOT clinics.
- To ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system.
- To perform quality improvement, program evaluation, monitoring and to render administrative support.
- Participation in meetings and other initiatives as assigned.
- To work with Principal Recipients (NACA, FHI360NTBLCP, etc.) and Sub-partner staff (Solina, EFMC, PETR-GS,EHAI, ILEP, CARITAS, KNCV etc), government agencies at all levels, donor representatives, facility/site staff, focal persons and IHVN staff to effectively manage programmatic challenges.
- To report all activities to the central office Senior Program Officer TB/HIV, Technical Advisor HIV/TB/MDR-TB and the Director/Head, Clinical Services Department.
- To adhere and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- To carry out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services department.
- A University degree in Medicine. An MPH or additional master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in the computer programming – Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency in data analysis, good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
- Ability to evaluate data and prepare quality reports often under pressure and in complex situations.
- Being goal oriented with ability to plan and organize, make decisions, manage time and practice critical thinking.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on TBHIV, care and treatment. She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR or GF funded care and treatment program. Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and management of TB programs.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
- Familiarity with the broad range of TBHIV issues, understanding of the major issues affecting TBHIV with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of TBHIV programs in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Assistant Director, Human Resources” through this email address: email@example.com
Click here for more information
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.