United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Latest Employment Opportunity
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supervisor, Security Operations Centre – Bauchi, Enugu, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Sokoto, Yola (with possibility of building a roster)
Job ID: 26406
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Duration of Initial Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Under the direct guidance and supervision of the Senior SOC/S and overall supervision of the respective FSCO, the SOC/S assists in the implementation of Security Communications System (SCS) and other operational communications related tasks to the implementation of safety and security for UN personnel within respective Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- The SOC/S is required to provide timely and accurate technical advice to Senior SOC/S keeping the designated Security Area Field Security Coordination Officer (FSCO) informed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- To ensure undisrupted functioning of SCS within AOR.
- To ensure that the Area SOC keeps a 24/7 watch to collect all available info in their AOR and send it to the FSCO and the Senior SOC/S through the Country SOC.
- To monitors the security situation within AOR;
- To monitor/track/report UN movement and activities within giver AOR.
- To maintain and update the Daily Staff List for respective AOR.
- To keep informed designated FSCO on all area-specific security and safety matters.
- To serve in the shift duty and manage the activity and performance of the staff of the SOC.
- To support Senior SOC/S to consolidate the integrated UN SCS in his area (GSM and Satellite transmission of data and voice for the UN AFPs).
- To maintain the availability of HF, UHF and/or VHF radio communication means for extreme emergencies.
- To assist designated FSCO in the implementation Security Plan;
- To plan and conduct communications training exercises and regular SCS checks/drills;
- To provide technical communications support to Senior SOC/S; to provide technical support to the logistical issue of procurement, maintenance, and repair of communications equipment.
- To advise Senior SOC/S of practical means to enhance communication capability.
- To draft and disseminate the Security Information Threat (STIs) notices, alerts, warnings, advisories, and updates.
- To draft and disseminate Daily Media Monitoring Reports;
- Any other task directed by designated FSCO and Senior SOC/S.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the accurate and timely implementation of the overall UN security program within given AOR through the functioning, effective, and efficient communications of information and instructions, particularly during emergency conditions. The functions and associated key results ensure UN policy compliance and practical capabilities throughout the AOR.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school and technical qualification in communications.
- The Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not a requirement.
- Recognized certificates in radio communication is desirable.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in practical communications implementation, preferably in the military or police context, or related field of work.
- Prior experience with the UN system or international NGOs is an advantage.
- Fluency in English language.
- Respect for diversity
- Planning and Organizing
- Client orientation
- Technological Awareness
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Managing Performance
- Building trust
- Judgment/decision making
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply