Chief Operating Officer Recruitment at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a Healthcare company with a 5 star facility headquartered in Port Harcourt. Due to internal vacancies, they are looking to fill in the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The COO shall have the primary responsibility of leading the day-to-day operations of the business of the Corporation and its subsidiaries in accordance with the strategic plan and operating and capital budgets.
- The COO reports to the corporations’ Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”).
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, primary responsibilities of the COO are to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the business of Corporation;
- Develop, in collaboration with the CEO and the Chief Financial Officer (the “CEO”), an annual operating plan that supports the Corporations’ long term operations strategy;
- Assist the CEO and the CFO in developing and overseeing the long term business strategies of the corporation;
- Assist the CEO in overseeing the corporation’s achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position within its industry;
- Keep the CEO fully informed in a timely and candid manner of the conduct of the day-to-day operations of the corporations towards the achievement of its established goals and all of material deviations from the goals or objectives and policies established by Board;
- With respect to operational matters, ensure communications, resolution of issues and project development;
- Ensure the development of health and safety practices for the corporations and oversee compliance with those practices;
- Be available to brief the CEO on operational matters for review in advance of meetings of the Board;
- As requested by the Board, attend meetings of the Board and its Committees and present the information necessary or relevant to the Board or such Committee for discharging its duties;
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and servicing and encourages individual integrity;
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining ad motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels;
- Coordinate the sustainable strategy of the corporation;
- Assess and manage the principal risks of the corporation’s business within operation ( proposals, projects and staffing);
- Ensure there is an effective succession plan in place for the COO position and other key executives of the corporation reporting to the COO;
- Assist the CEO in establishing an appropriate organizational structure;
- Evaluate the performance of senior executives of the corporations reporting to the COO, and
- Performing other functions related to the office of the COO or as may be request by the CEO or the Board;
- First Degree in any discipline and post graduate degree.
- Experience in Medical/Health administration is desired, but not compulsory.
- 15 years + post graduate practice.
- MBA is an added advantage.
Employee Special Traits, Skills and Experience:
- Strong ability to lead and manage executive management team.
- Strong ability to develop new business-a rainmaker.
- Understand business concept in managing patient care.
- Bend the cost curve and effect operational control.
- Visionary leadership.
- Sound decision and problem solving abilities.
- Must be proactive.