World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment of National Consultant – Human Resources for Health Policies and Development
Job Title: National Consultant – Review of the Human Resources for Health Policies and Development of Human Resources for Health Strategic Plans 2021-2025
Job ID: 1904767
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract Duration: 60 days
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- The national human resources for health (HRH) policy 2015 was developed to provide a framework and guidance for implementation of the National Health Policy 2007 and National Health Act 2014 goals towards strengthening HRH in Nigeria
- The goal of the policy is to develop and maintain a health workforce that is appropriately sized, structured, skilled, well balanced, distributed, resourced, committed and performing efficiently and effectively in order to provide all Nigerians with equal access to a minimum health care package.
Purpose of the Assignment:
- The purpose of this assignment is to review the Human Resources for Health Policy and develop the Human Resources for Health Strategic Plan 2021-2025 that aligns with global, regional and national strategies for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and UHC.
- Review the National HRH Policy
- Lead conduct of a National HRH situation analysis
- Lead conduct of a HRH situation analysis in Bauchi and Cross River States
- Lead the review the National HRH policy and the Bauchi and Cross River State HRH Policies
- Support the revision of the National HRH policy and lead the revision of the Bauchi and Cross River State HRH Policies
- Support the development of the National HRH Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025
- Develop the Bauchi and Cross River State HRH Strategic Plans 2021 – 2015
- Contribute in the preparation and facilitation of the validation workshops.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Human Resource Management or other relevant Degrees
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Global Health, Human Resource Management or other relevant degree is an asset
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience in health workforce policy development, review and strategic and operational planning
- Familiarity with current debates and approaches to Universal Health Coverage and health workforce strengthening work within the local, state, national and international arena.
Application Closing Date
10:59:00pm; 22nd October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online