Senior Software Engineer – Mobile at Andela Nigeria
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Mobile
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
What You’ll Do
- Our Andelan Senior Software Engineers epitomize ownership. They take personal responsibility for Andela’s ability to continue to deliver value to our partners.
- Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our partners around the world.
- Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively.
- Act as role-model even in the most difficult and challenging situations, using constructive feedback, mentorship and universal respect.
What You’ll Bring
- All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and exercised ownership on various technical teams.
- Proficient at an expert level in either Java/Kotlin for Android and Objective-C/Swift for iOS.
- Proficient at an expert level in mobile platform frameworks — i.e UIKit(iOS), MapKit, ARKit, RxJava, RxSwift
- Working knowledge of UI Design libraries/frameworks — i.e Material Design (Android)
- Expert level understanding of fundamental database concepts — i.e database tables, querying databases, normalization, joins, database management systems
- Good understanding of at least one database for Mobile dev — i.e SQLite, RealmDB
- Good understanding of cloud mobile database backends, like Firebase
- Working knowledge of ORMs/ODMs — i.e Room ORM, SqlDelight, CoreData
- Working knowledge of network security and deep knowledge of unit, integration, e2e and UI testing, as well as other testing frameworks/libraries — JUnit(For Java), Espresso, Appium, XCTest(iOS)
- Working knowledge of software engineering collaboration tools– Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Git, Mercurial
- Familiarity with language/platform build IDEs/tools — i.e Simulators/Emulators and Gradle(Android), Android Studio, XCode
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools — i.e Firebase, Fabric, Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI, Google Play Store, Apple’s App Store.
- Working Knowledge of analytics tools — i.e crashlytics, HockeyApp
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full Medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.