Medical Data Processing Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres – France
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Jahun, Jigawa State MSF France works with the MoH to in maternal and newborn health in the Jahun Government hospital and in some primary health care facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Data Processing Officer
Location: Jahun, Jigawa
Permanent position: Subject to probationary period
- The AMoCo Study (Abortion-related Morbidity and mortality in Conflict-affected settings) aims to describe and estimate the burden of abortion-related complications, particularly near-miss complications and deaths, and their associated factors among women presenting for abortion-related complications in health facilities supported by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in African fragile and/or conflict-affected settings.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Enter quantitative data from the study into the study electronic databases;
- Implement the double quantitative data entry system and the quantitative data quality system;
- Ensure all documents for the quantitative data entry are present and safe in the Study site file and update them regularly via standardized and safe file transfer protocols;
- Ensure the organization, confidentiality and security of all quantitative study documents (informed consents, CRF, questionnaires);
- If necessary, assist in the implementation of the internal monitoring plan
- Assist and accompany the site study coordinator with all other study-related tasks as needed
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Essential, higher education with proven computer literacy, degree in Information and Technology (IT) or mathematics field, desirable
- Experience: Work experience in data entry, monitoring and evaluation, reproductive health, human rights, or other relevant field, is a plus;
- Languages: Fluent English (speaking, reading); Fluent Hausa (speaking ,reading)
- Computer Literacy: Excel and Word required (EpiData, EpiInfo, CommCare, Access, RedCap, programming is a plus); Quick and accurate keyboard skills.
Gross salary per month: N178,380.
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV, Qualifications and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the “Medical Data Processing officer” as subject of your mail.
Note: Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.