Procurement Consultants (State Level) Wanted at Deloitte Nigeria
Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a not for profit project with the objective to support women’s improved livelihood opportunities in targeted communities of Nigeria is seeking to fill strategic position below:
Job Title: Procurement Consultant (State Level)
Locations: Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
- The Procurement consultants will develop a work plan to ensure the completion of the tasks listed below in a manner consistent with the international best practice and standards.
- The Consultants will cover the complete procurement cycle applicable to the procurement methods specified in applicable regulations.
- Participate in preparation and periodical update of Project’s Annual Procurement Plans (APP), carry out verification of APP and its update;
- In cooperation with other project staff to establish and maintain an information database on procurement services, technology services, suppliers of equipment, consultants, etc.;
- Carry out procurement as per the applicable regulatory procedures;
- Maintain reporting procurement system in accordance with the Project Operational Manual (POM) provisions;
- Set up a monitoring capacity within the entities for overseeing project procurement actions and coordinating necessary approvals or correcting shortcomings in procedures or conclusions;
- Provide guidance the tender/bids evaluation panelists;
- Organization and management of project records/archives;
- Preparation and publication of procurement notices as applicable under various procurement methods (ICB, NCB, LIB, International/National Shopping (IS/NS), QCBS, QBS, CQ, IC, etc);
- Coordinate with the project team and beneficiaries in preparation of technical specifications and TOR documents with specific emphasis on ensuring they are comprehensive, generic and minimizing risks of misinterpretation at the evaluation stage;
- Preparation of bidding documents, request for proposals and other documents based on sample forms provided in the Project Implementation Manual (PIM);
- When necessary, develop a list of suppliers and contractors for shopping and short lists for consulting packages taking into account suppliers, contractors, consultants’ experience and qualifications;
- Administrative and procedural support in technical and commercial evaluation of bids and the preparation of Bid Evaluation Reports in accordance with the PIM provisions;
- Administrative and procedural support in evaluation of technical and financial proposals of consultants and preparation of technical and final evaluation reports in compliance with the PIM provisions;
- Preparation of contracts in full conformity with the PIM forms;
- Contract negotiations and signing;
- General contract administration and monitoring;
- Verification of payment documents under contracts for the supply of goods, works and services; and
- Contract closure procedures and final reporting;
- Develop and discuss alternative solutions to identified problems.
- Explore the most viable solution and discuss this with the FPCU/SPCU
- Assist in the application of the agreed corrective measures
- Provide hands-on training to the FPCU/SPCU on implementation matters covering procurement, disbursements, report writing, etc.
- Conduct post-implementation review
- Participate at meetings aimed at improving project implementation
- Any other responsibility relating to the project as required by the project coordinator.
- Degree in Procurement, Management, Industrial Engineering, Project Management, or related fields.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a procurement consultant or manager in a donor funded project.
- Experience as procurement consultant for World Bank assisted projects or similar Multilateral Institution environment such as ADB or similar organizations.
- Experience in preparing bidding documents for large works/goods contracts.
- Must have carried out similar responsibilities listed above.
- Demonstrate professional integrity and the ability to coordinate team activities.