Atlantic Hall School Recent Employment Vacancy [2 positions]
Atlantic Hall School is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Female Resident Doctor
- Diagnose and treat medical conditions, disorders, and diseases through the application of specialist medical skills and knowledge.
- Manage the school clinic and ensure policies and procedures are followed, and standards are maintained.
- Undertake patient consultations and physical examinations
- Conduct regular patient check-ups, diagnose any ailments, monitor and administer medication, Assess and plan treatment requirements and write reports and maintain records.
- Promote whole school health education by conducting health talks and refresher training on First Aid/CPR/AED to certified members of staff
- Conduct such special medical examinations on students as may be indicated or required after referrals by the classroom teacher, the school nurse, or the house parent.
- Examine and/or approve annually all students participating in inter-house athletic activities and sea school before participation
- Examine members of staff and new hires as required and provide report on their suitability for employment or continued employment
- Work with the VP (Pastoral) on medical issues and public health information programs and procedures
- Serve as a liaison with students private physicians as required
- Assist in the development and implementation of medical practices and procedures in the School
- Coordinate and manage testing of the school water system to ascertain quality and advise the school appropriately
- Refer patients to specialists and consultants after giving first aid treatment.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Vice Principal (Pastoral/Student Affairs).
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Medical degree in Medicine from an accredited school and licensed to practice in Nigeria
- Higher degree e.g. MPH, MHA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience preferably in a school
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Problem solving and effective decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
Job Title: Account Officer
- As an Account Officer, you will be charged with the responsibility of maintaining the books of accounts and general ledger of the school.
- Ensure accuracy and proper filing of the School’s tax returns and coordinate the financial and management reporting process.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the School’s operating costs and expenditure and identify cost saving measures
- Carry out financial analysis and evaluation of project costs of provide relevant information for management decision making
- Perform General Ledger (GL) reconciliation including:
- Reconcile the GL account on a periodic basis for completeness and accuracy, identify transaction and posting errors
- Reconcile the GL with the bank statements on a regular basis, identify reconciling items and liaise with relevant personnel to ensure reconciling items are resolved
- Reconcile the GL to the subsidiary ledgers and ensure that posting and transaction errors are identified and resolved on a timely basis
- Perform all GL maintenance activities including GL period opening and closing
- Reconcile the School’s cashbook to its statements.
- Prepare the periodic (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual) financial statements (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow statement etc.) for Atlantic Hall
- Coordinate the interface with other departments to generate relevant and adequate data for developing management reports
- Perform periodic (monthly and quarterly) closing activities as defined in the financial policies and ensure timely generation of periodic (weekly, monthly and quarterly) financial and management reports for use by management and the Board for strategic decision making
- Computer accurately and file all applicable tax returns to ensure the School’s compliance with all tax laws and regulations.
- Prepare periodic (fortnightly and monthly) cash forecasts for the School’s, in order to proactively manage cash flows and ensure availability of funds to meet daily operational requirements
- Ensure that all incoming invoices are accurately logged into the financial system and payment to suppliers is made in line with the school’s expenditure policies
- Reconcile vendor invoices and other supporting documents to the approved invoice schedule in order to establish completeness and validity of details
- Prepare payment instruments (cheques / remittance advice), for appropriate authorization and dispatch duly authorized documents according
- Ensure accurate reporting of daily cash management activities, including staff advance disbursement.
- Ensure prompt tax payments at designated banks and obtain necessary receipts / documents for tax filing
- Prepare / compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Finance & Accounts
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Head, Finance & Accounts
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- First degree in Accounting or any other related discipline
- Relevant professional qualifications (ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA) is mandatory
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
- Good knowledge of financial accounting, including local and international accounting financial reporting standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good knowledge of financial controls and systems including the use of accounting packages
- Understanding of local tax regime & legislation and implications for the School
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Must be proficient in the use of SAGE Evolution and Microsoft Office productivity tools.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job role as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2019
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted