Recent Job Opening at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Systems Manager
Location: Owerri, Imo
- The IT Manager will oversee the FINCA Nigeria IT Department and will provide technical and administrative support for IT Systems, applications and infrastructure across head office and branches of FINCA Nigeria.
- Develop a Portfolio of IT Services that support the goals of the organization, deliver value and achieve a positive return on investment.
- Develop strategies and action plans to align technology to business processes of the institution.
- Analyze business requirements and translate into technology solutions.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures related to information technology based on FINCA’s Global IT-IS policies.
- Measure, monitor and optimize IT Services and good performance of the area as a service provider.
- Develop, implement and maintain IT Security Plan and Business Continuity Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage IT department (hiring, training, creating operating plans, evaluating staff performance);
- Ensure quality of IT Services specified in the IT Services Catalog with the focus on the core banking application and digital transformation.
- Supervise and Manage Service Desk and field end user support;
- Take charge and ensure adequate IT Security coverage is maintained at all areas under the IT domain including but not limited to applications, data, infrastructure, networks etc.
- Align IT strategies and operations to business goals.
- Collect business requirements for IT and manage stakeholder’s expectations;
- Consult internal business customers on IT solutions that could satisfy business needs;
- Develop and implement IT procedures based on FINCA’s global IT policies;
- Ensure reliability of backup/recovery procedures;
- Ensure information security on the organization;
- Plan, track and control IT budget;
- Formally manage IT projects;
- Coordinate and support provision of IT trainings to system users;
- Provide specifications and standards in procurement of IT hardware, software, and services;
- Ensure quality of IT assets and services purchased from external suppliers.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Take charge and ensure adequate IT Security coverage is maintained at all areas under the IS domain including but not limited to data, infrastructure, networks etc.
- Lead business continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Planning initiatives and provide both leadership and expertise to implementation in case of an incident.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
- Report to management periodically and ensure that subsidiary management team is kept abreast with developments and performance of the department, whilst escalating matters as necessary.
- Develop a highly skills, responsive and innovative team to enable the department meet its performance objectives.
- Undertake research in area of responsibility and appraise management on developments in the industry that impact the bank’s IT processes, systems etc.
- Manage Technology Risks and ensure the implementation of a good IT Controls environment
- And any other duties assigned.
- Information Technology (IT) provides the direct tools and training required to efficiently deliver services to our customers.
- The IT Manager shall ensure the stability of the network and capability to seamlessly service clients across all channels.
- The IT Department shall identify and eradicate errors that arise in the IT structure; define a structured process that enables users to report problems, notify appropriate employees affected by the problem, conduct root cause analyses, and resolve the issue.
- IS will also maintain and protect the network so that all client and corporate data within the system is not vulnerable by implementing a user identification, authentication and access control.
Supervisory Responsibility & Relationship Management
Information Services Department:
- Database administrator
- Network support
- IT Service Desk
- Applications Support Officer
- Delivery Channels Administrator
- Technology Risk
- Change management
- Global Support teams
- Regional Support teams
- IT Managers
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science degree, IT, Engineering or related fields;
- Minimum (3 to 5) years’ experience in a professional IT environment, two (2) of which should have been in the role of IT Manager in a busy IT environment;
- Possession of a relevant postgraduate degree or professional certificates such as MCSE, MCSD, CCNA, CISCO; PMI
- Membership of a professional IT body;
- In depth practical knowledge of operating system administration, LAN/WAN infrastructure to ensure connectivity throughout the subsidiary;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suit programs, common software applications, Document Management Systems as well as Oracle database management.
- Extensive Knowledge of banking software, working experience in a large bank and experience in systems development and analysis, change management, and process design will be definite advantages;
- Proven track record and strong Project Management experience and skills; and
- Strong innovative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle databases is an advantage
- Knowledge of banking operations and accounting is an advantage
- Experience in implementation and support of IT systems;
- Experience in Technology Risk Management
- Experience in management of IT projects;
- Basic knowledge in finance and accounting;
- Experience with Windows family operating systems;
- Experience with enterprise databases (at least one of Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, Sybase);
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leading with Integrity
- Reinforces our values through daily behavior
- Holds others accountable to ethical behavior
- Encourages full disclosure of mistakes
- Confronts unethical behavior quickly
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of information systems policies and practice in a banking environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with the specific operating systems, applications, database applications or programming languages in use at the site.
- Experience with more than one operating system and also with sites running more than one operating system.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ITSM (ITIL);
- Experience in networking: routers, routing protocols, firewalls, VPNs.
- Able to clearly link IT solution to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Communication skills across all levels of the business. Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Core banking Systems.
- Fluency in regional/local language, working knowledge of English,
- FINCA Nigeria IT Strategy
- FINCA Nigeria IT costs are within budget.
- FINCA is able to get a good return on investment in computerized banking systems.
- Minimum downtime on information systems.
- Users are able to utilize the information system to optimal levels.
- Timely and efficient implementation of information systems projects within the subsidiary
- FINCA can deliver services promptly and timely to customers.
- FINCA financial reports are produced accurately and timely.
- Maintain a Healthy IT Landscape
- Responsible for quality assurance and obtaining service level agreements on the performance of the system and to ensure the set standards are adhered to.
- Relationships with key leaders and managers of the Subsidiary to align technology to business
- Relationship with Regional IS Director to align IT projects with local policies and global standards of the company.
- Relationship with suppliers for the procurement of IT services and ensure compliance with agreed SLAs
- Relationship with members of IT Department to ensure compliance with goals of the Company.
- Availability to travel (up to 30% of the time) to various branches as may be required.