Alfred & Victoria Associates Recent Job Opportunity
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market.
AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operation and Support Engineer
Job Summary & Purpose
- The SE assists project teams with technical inputs and issues during the Initiation, Planning and Execution phases of project life-cycle. These activities include R & D within the project life-cycle, technical analysis, implementing, testing and rolling-out the ERS solutions.
- The SE participates in the smooth software transition between development phase and production operation.
- The SE is accountable for the following systems: RHEL, MySQL server, MariaDB, ERS 360 solution, USSD Gateway, SIGTRAN/SS7 interface.
- The Operations and Support Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation and configuration, operation and maintenance of the ERS software, hardware and related infrastructure.
- The SE participates in technical research and development to enable a continuous improvement and innovation within the ERS environment.
- The SE ensures the ERS software systems, hardware systems and related processes and procedures adhere to organizational values.
Implementation and Provisioning:
- Install new / upgrade existing ERS servers and configure hardware, peripheral, services settings, storage, networks, databases, etc in accordance with standards and projects / operations requirements.
- Conduct integrations with Operator’s platforms such as HLR, SMSC, USSD, CS.
- Maintain and improve installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to maintain systems standards.
- Research and recommend innovative and when possible automated approaches for Systems deployment.
Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources, systems, reviewing application logs, verifying completion of daily jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backups and regular archiving and purging if necessary.
- Perform Level II, III support per requests from various stakeholders. Investigate and troubleshoot incidents reported.
- Repair and recover from application failures.
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders.
- Apply patches and upgrades in accordance with Change Management processes in place.
- Maintain configurations, monitoring tool, capacity planning tool, and other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance audit and reporting to improve capacity planning.
- Perform continuous performance tuning and optimizations.
- Academic Qualification: Bachelor’s degree with a technical major (Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Physics)
- Professional Qualification: System Administration / System Engineering Certification in Unix / Linux
- Experience: 5 to 6 years of experience in administering production systems.
Key skills and competencies:
- Responsibility for training if necessary and knowledge sharing within the work unit.
- Communications / interpersonal – ability to interpret and discuss information with others, involving terminologies and concepts that are not familiar to all.
- Knowledge of the Telecom environment.
- Solving / Decision Making – The position deals with a variety of problems and the SE should be able to decide which solution is the best.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Working Conditions / Physical Efforts:
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Travel required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 13th November, 2019
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.