Work at Rainoil Limited
Rainoil Limited is an integrated downstream oil and gas company. A prominent player in the Nigerian industry, the company’s operations span across the downstream value chain i.e. Petroleum Product Storage, Haulage/Distribution and Retail Sales. Our primary products include Petrol (PMS), Diesel (AGO) and Kerosene (DPK).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Officer
Ref Id: CalabarRO-00097
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Type: Full time
- Provides robust IT platforms and infrastructure to support Rainoil’s business operations
- Assists in implementing IT strategies, policies and procedures
- Negotiates and drives the enforcement of Service Level Agreements with contractors to ensure continuous delivery of IT services
- Develops and executes company-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Plans, designs and maintains data networks and servers
- Provides technical support to users on network issues
- Administers day-to-day operations of networks and servers
- Implements LAN/WAN maintenance and management procedures.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges on the company intranet
- Conducts daily server backup and archival
- Plans, recommends and assists in the design of telecommunications system to be used within Rainoil
- Installs, supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks within Rainoil
- Liaises with the Internet Service Providers and other vendors for cost effective services in line with Service Level Agreements
- Maintains computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers and ensures that these are prepared and ready to be used
- Assists the Head, Information Technology in the deployment of computer hardware around the company
- Manages relationship with service providers to ensure seamless, cost effective and hitch free internet connectivity
- Maintains logs and records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions
- Provides support and maintenance to the business’ software and applications
- Creates accounts for new users in the company’s active directory server and assigns access rights to software applications.
- Installs client/server applications and essential software patches, carries out any required maintenance of applications and identifies compatibility issues, escalating appropriately
- Supervises and performs hands on training for computer users and operators.
- Develops and executes company-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans with respect to software, data and applications
- Performs quality control checks on new software and programmes to ensure that they are in line with service level agreements and are compatible with existing facilities.
- Liaises with external software vendors and consultants for advice on appropriate computer software to effectively support business operations.
- Performs the addition, removal and updates of staff data and access rights in line with the information security policy.