Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria Latest Employment Opportunity
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer 1 – Social & Behavior Change
Locations: Bauchi and Oyo
- The PO-SBC will be responsible for ensuring mass and mid media plans are implemented at the state level and are integrated with community mobilization plans.
- S/he will work closely with the State Coordinator and the Program Officer Social Mobilization (P0-SM) to ensure an integrated approach to messaging.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to Radio and TV Producers in the state to develop, produce and broadcast high quality SBC media content;
- Provide support to programmatic research processes such as Human Centered Design and Behavior Economics at the state level;
- Work with producers/broadcasters to keep track of locally produced content;
- Liaise with broadcasters in the state to ensure broadcast compliance of BA- Nigeria spots; inform national office immediately if a broadcaster deviates from the agreed plan;
- Contribute to the media planning process by providing guidance on channel selection;
- Maintain weekly and monthly monitoring report of all BA-N spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in state;
- Identify new media opportunities for BA-N in the state;
- Support media pretesting activities at the state-level;
- Arrange and facilitate Listening Groups in the state in coordination with the P0-SM to collect feedback from target audiences on media programmes and report back to the national office;
- Coordinate mass and mid media activities with community mobilization activities through the P0-SM to ensure alignment where appropriate;
- Represent Breakthrough ACTION at ACSM Subcommittee meetings and similar partner forums as required;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor;
- Minimum of an HND/Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- 2-4year’s experience working with donor-funded projects related to radio/TV production
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
Deadline: 19th November, 2019
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV only as one PDF document to: email@example.com
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
Language skills.(Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
The subject line of your email should be the job title along with the job location. E.g. “Program Officer 1 – Social & Behavior Change, Bauchi and Oyo”
Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately.