Mikko Plastics Industries Recent Job Vacancy
Mikko Plastics Industries are the pioneers in flexible packaging conversion in the Eastern Region of Nigeria. With a focus on customer satisfaction, we utilize our management and technical expertise, state of the art technology machinery, using quality raw materials, for the manufacture of customized Plain, Flexo and Gravure Printed Poly Products of global industry standards. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
- Set the daily/weekly/monthly quality control targets and communicates same to the subordinates/quality control clerks.
- Work to understand customers’ needs and how to meet them with our quality products. Consequently:
- Check the colour shade to ensure it matches customer order
- Check the thickness of the polythene (40-48 microns)
- Check the width of the roll
- Check to ensure slitting edge is smooth
- Check the roll weight
- Ensure the slitting edge is smooth
- Oversee and coach clerks on the requirements for quality, quantity and safety,
- Check and maintain records of quality measurements hourly to ensure that the output is according to specifications,
- Ensure regulatory rules are communicated through corporate policies and procedures.
- Utilize guidance documents, international standards, or consensus standards and interpret for guidance.
- Ensure that investigator, vendor, facility and system audits are conducted.
- Communicate any critical compliance risks noted from these activities to senior management.
- Assume a lead role for the preparation, conduct, and responses to regulatory agency.
- Provide leadership and strategy in line with global strategic objectives.
- Design strategies to minimize the wastage of production time due to breakdowns and logistics requirements.
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements required.
- Submit accurate reports on quality to the Management through the Head of Operations.
- Ensure that all processes contributing to material testing are conducted properly.
- Manage and maintain databases for the quality system for future reference.
- Prepare and assist in preparing monthly, and annual reports and quality trending reports.
- Evaluate quality events, incidents, queries, and complaints and report to management.
- Keep up to date with all related quality legislation and compliance issues
- Compile and prepare materials for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Document internal regulatory processes.
- Training new employees on machine operations and safety in collaboration with the Human Resources Department,
- Responsible for enforcing strict safety guidelines and other company rules and regulations at the work place.
- Proven experience as QC Officer or similar role
- Experience in operating more than one machine/equipment
- Organization and leadership abilities
- Computer Literacy is essential
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Self Motivation & Result driven
- Problem solving skills
- OND/HND/B.Sc. in Industrial Chemistry