Nutrition Project Officer Wanted at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Job Title: Nutrition Project Officer
Job Ref Code: NPR81119
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: Nutrition Manager
- The Nutrition project officer will be responsible for the overall management of the day to day activities of nutrition program in assigned locations.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Support field level technical assessments in coordination plan and organize CRS community led supplementary program in project locations sites in liaison with Nutrition Manager
- Supervise and Support nutrition partner officers, to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and implemented according to stipulated standards
- Ensure quality engagement of community leaders / their delegates for the organization of beneficiaries in each project location.
- Carry out weekly supervisory visits to all project locations assigned
- Ensure adequate availability of food and material supplies for distribution in all project locations and share monthly distribution plan with the Nutrition Manager
- Submit weekly field data and report to the Nutrition Manager
- Report any progress and any problems in a timely manner
- Ensure effective follow ups on beneficiaries in all project locations.
- Identify gaps and present plans for capacity building to inform effective programing
- Attend regular nutrition meetings and assist in any other tasks when required
- Respect the dignity and culture of beneficiaries and other members of the community
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Identifying information for case studies for reports on program successes and learning
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partner staff and communicate this to the Senior Nutrition Officer.
- Ensure all partner officers are familiar with their responsibilities and up to date on any changes
- Coordinate project evaluation activities and assist partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data as per specified tools.
Qualifications and Skills
Education Qualification and Experience:
- B.Sc. Nutrition / Public Health / BSc or equivalent
- Experience in implementation of nutrition programs, including CMAM especially SFP and/or IYCF
- Experience in conducting nutrition assessments and an understanding of nutritional surveillance and information systems
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Demonstrable ability at report writing
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2019; (COB, 5:00pm),
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating “Position” being applied for and the “Job Ref Code” as the subject of the application application (e.g. Nutrition Project Officer, NPR81119) to: email@example.com
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’