Recent Employment Oppotunity at Breakthrough ACTION
Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is a five-year (2017-2022), USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer 1 – Tuberculosis
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Communications, Social Sciences, Health Education, or another related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience on Tuberculosis programs, and at least 3 years working experience with SBC or demand creation.
- Experience working in northern Nigeria
- Proven teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to speak Hausa highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Officer’s specific duties will include:
- S/He will have primary responsibility for day-to-day coordination of the TB team activities
- The PO will provide technical assistance to the project in the areas of TB, social and behaviour change (SBC), capacity strengthening, community mobilization, social and mass media strategies and advocacy
- The PO will also assist in developing TB work-plans and reports, and support implementation at national and state levels.
- Support national and state-level coordination with governments, policymakers, TB implementing partners and other stakeholders
- Assist with the establishment and maintenance of effective relationships, monitoring and evaluation with TB project partners, implementing partners, National and State TBLS and other key stakeholders
- Assist with establishing relationships and coordinating with USAID TB service delivery and commodity logistics partners in project states and at national level
- Provide support for training and capacity building activities targeted at BA-Nigeria project partners, heath service providers, community-based organization, community volunteers etc.
- Assist with the development and writing of timely program reports on a quarterly and annual basis and disseminate program success stories, and other reporting duties as assigned
- Other duties as necessary and assigned by supervisor and BA-Nigeria Project Director.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV only as one PDF document to: email@example.com The subject line of your e-mail should be the job title along with your location. E.g. “Program Officer 1 – TB – Abuja”.
- To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review.
Your Cover Letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CV and Cover Letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: ADO JOHN SULE).
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately.