HR Intern at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Intern
Job ID 13-10873
Group/Office PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: HR Specialist
- The objective of the Human Resources (HR) Intern is to assist with recruitment, benefits and hiring actions. This includes but is not limited to; ensuring completion of employee’s documentation, HR administration and filing as well as documenting all performance actions and ensuring compliance with relevant company and labor practices, and ensuring up-to-date maintenance of personnel files as well as logistical support for the full cycle recruiting process.
- Assist and manage staff recruitment by sending invitations, doing reference check, inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection for employment.
- Provide general and clerical support to the Human Resources Unit; compose and type letters, memorandums and other correspondence related to human resources activities, prepare a variety of reports.
- Perform a variety of general support duties: make copies, maintain calendar activities, meetings and various events for assigned staff, process mail including receiving, sorting, logging and distributing incoming and outgoing correspondences from the Human Resource Unit.
- Process personnel action forms and maintain personnel records to ensure timely performance evaluations and appropriate actions.
- Filing of all papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Prepare new employee files.
- Collate all approved leave forms
- Maintain database for staff benefits such as Staff Health Insurance/ Accident Insurance Plan.
- Conduct terror check for consultant and new hire.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Administration or related field.
- 1 year or less experience working in the human resources department of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of colleagues.
- Competences to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Ability to understand comprehensive information.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyzes, and explains the official framework employment regulation.
- Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality and approachability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online