Join 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Solution Development
- Develop and design products and services as described in the BRD and provide technical support to products and services team and any other team within the organization that require special support for their operation, in delivering an efficient software design, dimensioning, and architecture.
- Participate in the development and customization of innovative services and/or enhancements to existing Enterprise and VAS services.
- Manage the process of installing and configuring value added services that have been developed.
- Review software design specifications and ensure that the unified modelling diagrams are correctly designed according to the requirements of the service/application that is being developed.
- Conduct post implementation check to ascertain the benefit of new products or technology change on the service creation platform
- Ensure that all identified bugs are fixed according to the SLA.
- Investigate new technologies that could enhance the performance of the VAS Development Middleware Layer.
- Liaise with Products and Services , Enterprise solution ,VAS Operation and other units where required
- Provide critical inputs relating to hardware dimensioning and capacity planning during budget cycles
- Increase subscribers satisfaction by improving the overall service development and deployments quality
- Conduct effective technical feasibility studies and impact analysis for new features and services within the VAS Development environment
- Support the provisioning of service capacity in the VAS Development environment before introduction of new services
- Manage and support the design of service delivery platform as well as service creation middleware strategies
- Perform technology investigations into topics related to core service delivery platform design and performance
- Support and advise on preparation and deployment of pre-requisites for project deliverables
- Provide technical planning and optimization support to assist in service and product rollout
- Provide end-to-end support in integration and input requirements for the deployment of new applications
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure optimization tasks are achieved
- Proactively help VAS Development team identify and collect required inputs for service and product development tasks
- Participate in the process to establish application and systems requirements for new projects or enhancements to existing services.
- Prepare and/or review functional and technical specifications for products/services
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors during project development to review progress
- Prepare and deploy pre-requisites for project deliverables.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities assigned by Manager, Enterprise Solution Development.
- First degree from a recognised University
- Three(3) to Five(5) years relevant work experience
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Strong grasp of OOP concepts in java, PHP and Nodejs
- Solid experience developing applications implementing the following protocols
- SMPP for SMS and USSD
- Good knowledge of JBoss application server
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Comprehensive experience developing in java. Familiarity with other OOP programming languages such as C++, Nodejs & C# whilst not essential would be an advantage
- Strong grasp of enterprise level Java technologies with an emphasis on J2EE concepts (JSP, Struts, Servlets, EJB).
- Good knowledge of full stack development including Mobile Apps
- Experience developing multi thread applications
- Strong knowledge of Solaris Unix (Operating system and scripting)
- Very good knowledge of Oracle (Administration & PL/SQL development)
- Administration and Operational support using container, Kubernetes and DevOps tools
- Good knowledge of version control software and CI/CD implementation.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online