Apply at Health+Solve Limited
Health+Solve Limited – Our client, a 137 bed specialist Hospital and Medic-care Centre located in Otukpo, Benue State is currently recruiting for qualified, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Under general supervision, Laboratory Scientists perform parasitological and bacteriological analysis on samples of blood, urine, stool or other body fluids for the purposes of the clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and/or other specified medical conditions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform testing procedures on all samples received using appropriate and standardized principles and equipment platforms to detect abnormalities or disease.
- Perform mainstream testing on samples for the purposes of haemotological, bacteriological, parasitological, clinical chemistry and histological assays.
- Carry out and document all quality control processes performed on all test procedures.
- Adhere strictly to test SOPs and other quality assurance programmes of the Lab.
- Record test data to issue reports; answering questions to provide additional information or clarification to patients or other healthcare professionals.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
- Serve and protect their immediate Laboratory Community by adhering to professional standards, and Hospital Health & Safety Standards, policies and procedures.
- Contribute and maintain a safe work environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by participating in safety programs, committees or teams, conducting laboratory safety audits and complying with statutory regulations & requirements.
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls, conducting basic troubleshooting in the event of equipment malfunction through routine equipment and monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Conduct inventories check and follow-up on purchase orders.
- Submit in a timely fashion, accurate monthly statistics of work activities on each bench.
- Ensure proper housekeeping.
- Serve as technical resource by participating in staff trainings and educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks and participating in CPDs.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities with an understanding of and respect for the patients’ rights
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- B.Sc./HND in Medical Laboratory Technology, Biological Sciences or equivalent Post Graduate Studies A relevant Masters’ Degree or professional qualifications will be an advantage
- Previous Experience 2 – 4 years’ post-graduation experience
Personal Attributes & Physical Demands:
- Patient, Reliable and Mature
- Should be able to multi-task; capable of handling several issues at the same time to deliver results and meet desired deadlines