M&E Intern The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact.
We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Intern
Job ID: 13-10882
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: M&E Specialist
Slot: 2 Openings
- The M&E Intern will receive the opportunity to gain valuable capacity in M&E and in the development sector. The key expectations of the Monitoring & Evaluation Intern’s position is to learn to support the M&E Unit in ensuring that MSH’s M&E system within the Country Office is well positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building and M&E systems strengthening to MSH supported facilities and State M&E Teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field.
- At least 1- year hands-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART and care desirable.
- Learn and support timely and qualitative data reports to donors and other applicable authorities
- Learn and support data entry into project database and DATIM, review of data entries and running of quality checks on sam
- Learn and support the development and dissemination of project data use products
- Learn and support with the analyses of M & E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action-areas to the thematic lead.
- Learn data quality operations including but not limited to data validation and DQA.
- Learn the filing system and procedures for keeping M&E resource materials, reports, correspondence, meeting reports, training materials and other strategic documents.
- Learn the validation of data in all reporting templates (PMTCT, HTS and ART) monthly for state and USAID.
- Learn through supportive supervision to supported health facilities in the State.
- Any other learning opportunities relevant to you within the organization.