Recent Job Vacancy at Alfred & Victoria Associates
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Engineer (Level 2)
Reports To: Head of Service
- They are proactive in identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and restoring service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
- Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions.
- The Network Engineer (L2) focuses on second line support for medium complexity incidents and maintains the Networking environmental and monitoring equipment.
- They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- Where software is a component of the solution, they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors:
- The Network Engineer (L2) identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur. He or she will log such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary.
- They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and Organisation colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests:
- They investigate second line support calls assigned to them and identify the root cause of incidents and requests.
- This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members. They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 3rd line support team.
- They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by Company’s procedures.
- When required they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk. They assist in analyzing, assigning and escalating the support calls.
- They also provide telephonic support to clients where required.
- They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
- Network Engineers (L2) that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity.
- They complete and maintain any shift handover schedules.
- Network Engineers (L2) are also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.
- They identify failures and shortcomings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational and that software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
- Provide Networking support to clients which includes provisioning, asset management, monitoring, implementation, troubleshooting and support Networking operations and related infrastructure.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Perform level 2 server and network troubleshooting, server rack mounting and cable patching / management.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per Company’s procedures.
- Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
- Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and short-comings.
- 4 – 6 year’s work experience.
- At least 4 years’ experience in implementing, administering and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: routers, switches, wireless access points, controllers, WAN optimizers and monitoring applications.
- Secondary School Qualification.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science.
- CCNA/A+/N+; MCSE or relevant qualification preferred.
Key skills and competencies:
- Demonstrate solution and service knowledge.
- Possess sound knowledge of communications infrastructure and systems.
- Demonstrate problem analysis and solution formulation skills.
- Demonstrate learning and service orientation.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate proactive management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Network Management including configuration and implementation.
- Strong general knowledge of networking, IT systems, security, servers and firewalls.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and to think innovatively.
- Display good verbal and written communication ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Possess good planning and time management ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to cope under pressure.
- Passionate about enterprise-level IT solutions with a limitless willingness to learn.
- Network Engineers (L2) are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by the Company and the client when relevant.
- Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
Application Closing Date
3pm; 16th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.